• ...and so much more!
  • Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    When I was a young I was shy and not the most athletic due to being allergic to life an all it had to offer. PE wasn't my favorite activity an I hated Dodge ball. Well one day it happened, my normal strategy was to be invisible and not get hit. It actually ended that I survived the bullies to win that days game. The first and only time I have been carried on the shoulders of the peers that had no use for me. In the future I joined the band and found out I was a good drummer so no more PE and Dodge ball.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I fucking hate lazy and the goddamned genius that hacked this shit together spent more time dicking around with it than it would have taken to just do the job right.

When we did the blue tape walk through, there was a 1:8-1/4” gap between the hood vent and the wall. Builder’s sup said that’s the was it was designed and I called bullshit. That was one of the many reason’s we went to closing 4 times and ended up with about a 5% discount off the top plus builder also agreed to pay for all closing costs plus re-schedule fees with the title company and pay us interest on the escrow for the 17 days they missed the deadline by.

Finally getting around to fixing this because, well, I can. Jackasses laid the backsplash up to the plans height and left the hood to the cabinet sub. Cabinet sub didn’t use the hood as a template and instead used a piece of pegboard (introduced the gap) to get the hood to mount over the backsplash. Retard.

Tonight is disassembly and get the die grinder night since my air grinder is really not the right tool. Yay me, more tools. There’s also a stop for some good bourbon because I deserve to be rewarded for unfucking this up without murdering the installer.
    f25370376e36c0fc80ebc46be6e2e42a.jpg

Tomorrow I’ll trim the backsplash to fit, then reinstall everything and be the hero.
    214a665504f7b890ca54d63dea54b8a4.jpg

06e9e5968f42ccd235ad4a534c610fea.jpg

More than ever ... if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Top Bottom