• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    Like most folks, I have carried a pocket knife since I a very young kid.

I have carried a Leatherman in my left front pocket since the mid-ish...90's, and I still do now that I'm retired.

In the Oilfield, if I needed more than my Leatherman - it was time to call the Crew....
    71YJ7za3erL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is on my key chain that I hang off of my Belt Loop with all the other Klap Trap I carry...:turkey:
    8105csJcODL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    ^^^

My Montana husband worked in a highly restricted LOCKED UP office here in town. Plus in other places with the same profession but way back when - they were not so RESTRICTIVE about keys/cards even if many of the other doors were LOCKED UP. He is retired now.

He always carries 1 or 2 knives on him. He carried a pocket/folding knife on him in his pocket when he worked. He wore jeans more than cargo pants when he NO longer had to wear a 'suit' and tie and traveled in the past for his work. Even with a suit or tie type of REQUIRED dress code clothing - he had a folding/pocket knife ON HIM.

No more cargo pants for him as of now - I do not know if he will ever want any of them again. But even when he WORE cargo pants for a very BRIEF TIME @ work and mostly JEANS @ work and ALL other times - he ALWAYS had and still has a LEATHERMAN multi tool kit or a SAK MT kit on his leather belt.

Someone would need a knife or a tool even if they worked a high stress 24/7 office DESK JOB and, 9 out of 10 times, those people WENT to my Montana husband. You name the shift - he had it on him and OFF WORK too.

Plus he used his pocket or folding knife for his apples or meals. He did NOT have a STAND ALONE coffee break or a lunch AWAY from his desk.

He ate at his desk and there was NO one to cover for him. That went for the other people who did the same 24/7 job as him.

They did NOT eat in a 'lunch room' or GO OUT TO EAT once they started their high stress job. A quick run to the bathroom or to get coffee/tea/water or their food OUT of the refrigerator - kitchen. By the telephones, boards, computers and desks.

Old Lady Cate

Top Bottom