• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at AmmoLand blog.

AmmoLand News has been speaking to several insiders on the condition of anonymity at the National Rifle Association (NRA) and NRA Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) about the state of the historic gun rights organization since former Executive Vice President Wayner LaPierre and the NRA was found liable in a civil corruption case out of New York State. With the NRA Annual Meeting (NRAAM) coming up at the end of the month, many wonder about the health of the organization.
    Gun Zone Deals

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Several insiders told AmmoLand News that the NRA bylaws were changed to allow Charles Cotton to continue as President to avoid Lee from taking over the office. Many believe that the act was that of self-protection instead of protecting the NRA and Second Amendment rights of its members.

No. not Charles Cotton......he is above reproach.......................

Actually he's douche water drinking bedwetter....................

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Thanks again, Doug.

”Rotten to the Core”, so SAD. Where is the Ghost of Neal Knox when we need him so ?
    His son, Jeff Knox has been writing on the corruption for years. He has also been actively trying to reform the NRA by any means, including running for a board position for years.
    The sheep that were fooled by WLP were only fooled by pulling the wool over their own eyes.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    We need a major reform takeover for NRA. It is about time as there are many vital programs dependent on NRA such as youth programs.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...there are many vital programs dependent on NRA...
    I fear that when something finally does root out the corruption, the baby will get thrown out with the bathwater.

I am constantly amazed by the number of folks who want to reform the NRA but have no clue what the NRA does besides lobbying and the occasional lawsuit.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I fear that when something finally does root out the corruption, the baby will get thrown out with the bathwater.

I am constantly amazed by the number of folks who want to reform the NRA but have no clue what the NRA does besides lobbying and the occasional lawsuit.
    Yes the crucial part has always been promoting safety and shooting sports. The problem is the lack of the memberships oversight. Allowing a board of directors that aren't accountable to the members. It's the members job to make sure that the board of directors is overseeing their organization and to hold management responsible.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Yes the crucial part has always been promoting safety and shooting sports. The problem is the lack of the memberships oversight. Allowing a board of directors that aren't accountable to the members. It's the members job to make sure that the board of directors is overseeing their organization and to hold management responsible.
    And this is what everyone wants with the new leadership with NRA. I care about other projects but youth programs are a big must in our circle as we constantly rely on their assistance to attract more youth shooters to our ranks. I am seeing an increase of youth shooters during the past several years thanks to marketing and recruitment of our organization with NRA assistance and I want this trend to continue and not let the Karens Demand Action and other groups influence our kids in the schools.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX

As you recall I am in the frontlines of working with NRA in the training portion for kids. Alot of people are amazed especially other parents in schools that NRA promotes and funds youth marksmanship programs. Their views of NRA is a bunch of old white guys paying off politicians for votes. I am constantly showing proof how NRA invests towards youth and how kids will take that knowledge and use it for future use.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    As you recall I am in the frontlines of working with NRA in the training portion for kids. Alot of people are amazed especially other parents in schools that NRA promotes and funds youth marksmanship programs. Their views of NRA is a bunch of old white guys paying off politicians for votes. I am constantly showing proof how NRA invests towards youth and how kids will take that knowledge and use it for future use.
    Plus it teaches all important gun safety

Top Bottom