Texas SOT

Open Carry Texas

cbp210

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any members here with this organization and what are the perks of joining them? I used to talk with their founder CJ Grisham when he was in Twitter before the group got banned.
Capitol Armory ad

cbp210

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I’m going to say is do your homework before joining a cause. Just because an organization starts out with a specific goal does not mean everything they do is beneficial to the cause.

So are you saying you would not recommend joining them? I am doing my homework which is why I am here. Any information is greatly appreciated and if you have direct experience that would be great. I am still an NRA and FPC loyalist and am considering GOA. Open Carry Texas have been instrumental in what we have today in Texas.

cbp210

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lifetime member of TSRA, while not perfect they are a great organization working to preserve our 2nd Amendment rights.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

My daughter has attended competitions sponsored by them. I liked how during the pandemic they took over competitions while 4H was forced by their County Extensions agents to halt them. I am also leaning towards them as well.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
OCT gets a bad rap in part from a lot of people jealous that they weren't the ones that got some things pushed.
OCT gets a bad rap in part from a lot of people jealous that they weren't the ones that got some things pushed.

Well that and CJ can at times be as nutty as Alex Jones on a good rant when trying to make a point.
Doesn’t mean either of them are wrong, but delivery of the message could be better.

cbp210

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that and CJ can at times be as nutty as Alex Jones on a good rant when trying to make a point.
Doesn’t mean either of them are wrong, but delivery of the message could be better.

Yes I saw many of his videos and he can sometimes come off as abrasive rather than diplomatic but I like he does counter arguments to support his position and he also was very diplomatic to many Texas politicians after the Kory Watkins incident with previous Poncho Nevarez.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah. OCT and CJ can be, shall we say, less than diplomatic and very confrontational.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you are looking at organizations beneficial to open carry and general 2nd Amendment fights/causes, please look at SAF, CCRKBA, GOA, and TSRA.

O.C.T. almost sunk any opportunity we had to get open carry. Avoid them in all ways possible

Rhino

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Different people have different opinions, usually based on their underlying presuppositions. My particular set of presuppositions cause me to lean towards thinking that OCT did a lot of good for Texans, and even though they got slandered a lot, and claims were made of their causing harm, they actually had a positive effect in the right direction, just like loud mouths on the left like AOC have driven the policies of the Democrats of late.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would avoid any of the orgs that start with open carry.

They both did some stupid and asinine shit. Your money and reputation are better spent elsewhere.