• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Well...define pet lol...

I have all pictured...do any get petted or treated like a traditional pet...nah.

Love dogs...just haven't kept one in years. Easier not to these days:(

The jumping spider is in a spider enclosure.

The fish are in 75 gallon acrylic tank...they keep the sand stirred up lol.

And the prawn is in a 15 gallon planted aquarium.

I like prawns.
    Hurley's Gold

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    1715475015405.jpeg

Her new couch fits her better.

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    1715565683224.jpeg

Well, Knucklehead is gone. Had him put down on Friday after a visit to a vet in Shreveport. The vet in Texarkana referred me to them because the vets here apparently did not have much of a clue as to what was wrong and were evidently guessing at best to what they suspected. Last Wednesday, the local vet told me that he did a blood test (first one in 5 weeks of me having Knucklehead as far as I am aware, more about this below.). After first having two docs tell me he was parasite free and finally me seeing worms in his poop, they took me seriously when I showed the a video of the worms. Then a third vet treated him for the worms with praziquantel and increased the length of treatment with Panacur as well which was first prescribed for Knucklehead on the same day the doc told me he was "completely parasite free (so why the Panacur). Well after the third dose of praziquantel/Panacur multi-med treatment, Knucklehead became much more ill. He virtually stopped eating and shyed away from ater drinking extremely little, and also eating only a very tiny bit. Then nothing for a day and a half. Back to the vet, told to go to a vet in Shrevepport because one of the local vets (all 3 work in same animal hospital) said Knucklehead's WBC count was extremely low and he thought Knucklehead maybe had cancer, distemper, or parvo but also said "he is a puzzle". The vet in Shreveport told me that my local vet had an additional suspect disease in his referal, probably the worst one a pet dog could get - rabies! The fucker up my way did not tell me word one about him suspecting rabies. Anyway, the vet in Shreveport was amazed at the paucity of testing done by my local vets. She ran several tests in her office and avoided tests that would have to be sent to a lab, saying it would save me money if she could first diagnose him in her office. How nice. Well his WBC count was much lower than two days before, he obviously had lost more weight on those two days, he would eat a bit and had returned to drinking more water that day and the prior night but the vet said he was badly dehydrated nonetheless. The result of her tests led her to bel;ieve that Knucklehead was a "very, very, very sick puppy" and that he likely had lukemia as all tests of things related to his immune sustem were very low. She told me she could send out a bone marrow test to a lab and it would take up to a week or two to get the results but again said he was "a very, very, very sick dog" and then said he probably would not survive the two weeks to get the test results and would continue suffering. That was it, I asked her to put him down. When she injected a sedative a little bit later, Skye my other dog put her paws up on the exam rttable and began to lick his face, after which he sat up and got his face right into mine as if he knew something was wrong with a sad puppy dog look on his. Seconds later, she gave him the fatal dose of hatever and he was gone almost instantly (made me wonder on what grounds letal injections are so often challenged in court it was so peaceful). After he was gone, the vet asked my permission to send just his head to a state run lab; they will test it for rabies. If he was positive and if I get rabies and if after I find out I am infected I can still walk and drive and cary something in my hands, the wrath of one angry dog owner and rabies victim will be unleashed upon those responsible. I am not a violent guy, I do not condone illegal acts but there are limits and there are some things which must be avenged and getting rabies because a vet was an arsehat might just be one of them. On the bright side, the vet thinks it unlikely I got it or that Knucklehead had it but the head person in some health department or other told her it should be tested to be on the safe side. All in all I spend about $1,000 at my local vet for 6 or 7 visits and another $913.00 at the vet in Shreveport for the one visit last Friday.

I cried like baby or worse in the vet's office and again later at home. In just 5 weeks and two days the joy of having Knucklehead in the family was replaced by the agony of having him put down and that has already become the sorrow that will haunt me for the rest of my forever. It is amazing how much I came to love my little buddy in such a short time but it's not hard to understand why since he was lovable, playful, loyal, a fast learner and he obviously loved both Skye and me. He also kind of lived up to his name and was quite a knucklehead at times. If there truly is an afterlife, I am sure he is in whatever amounts to dog heaven.After I got home, I sat down and watched "The Hunt" one of my favorites Twilight Zone episodes; if you are a dog lover, are or were a TZ fan, and if you remember the episode, you know why I watched it.

I really tried my best for him. My only real consolation is how many folks who saw us together at the dog parks have told me how much he loved me and Skye, how well I took care of him and how hard I tried to save him. RIP Knucklehead.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    1715566414671.jpeg

Well, Knucklehead is gone. Had him put down on Friday after a visit to a vet in Shreveport. The vet in Texarkana referred me to them because the vets here apparently did not have much of a clue as to what was wrong and were evidently guessing at best to what they suspected. Last Wednesday, the local vet told me that he did a blood test (first one in 5 weeks of me having Knucklehead as far as I am aware, more about this below.). After first having two docs tell me he was parasite free and finally me seeing worms in his poop, they took me seriously when I showed the a video of the worms. Then a third vet treated him for the worms with praziquantel and increased the length of treatment with Panacur as well which was first prescribed for Knucklehead on the same day the doc told me he was "completely parasite free (so why the Panacur). Well after the third dose of praziquantel/Panacur multi-med treatment, Knucklehead became much more ill. He virtually stopped eating and shyed away from ater drinking extremely little, and also eating only a very tiny bit. Then nothing for a day and a half. Back to the vet, told to go to a vet in Shrevepport because one of the local vets (all 3 work in same animal hospital) said Knucklehead's WBC count was extremely low and he thought Knucklehead maybe had cancer, distemper, or parvo but also said "he is a puzzle". The vet in Shreveport told me that my local vet had an additional suspect disease in his referal, probably the worst one a pet dog could get - rabies! The fucker up my way did not tell me word one about him suspecting rabies. Anyway, the vet in Shreveport was amazed at the paucity of testing done by my local vets. She ran several tests in her office and avoided tests that would have to be sent to a lab, saying it would save me money if she could first diagnose him in her office. How nice. Well his WBC count was much lower than two days before, he obviously had lost more weight on those two days, he would eat a bit and had returned to drinking more water that day and the prior night but the vet said he was badly dehydrated nonetheless. The result of her tests led her to bel;ieve that Knucklehead was a "very, very, very sick puppy" and that he likely had lukemia as all tests of things related to his immune sustem were very low. She told me she could send out a bone marrow test to a lab and it would take up to a week or two to get the results but again said he was "a very, very, very sick dog" and then said he probably would not survive the two weeks to get the test results and would continue suffering. That was it, I asked her to put him down. When she injected a sedative a little bit later, Skye my other dog put her paws up on the exam rttable and began to lick his face, after which he sat up and got his face right into mine as if he knew something was wrong with a sad puppy dog look on his. Seconds later, she gave him the fatal dose of hatever and he was gone almost instantly (made me wonder on what grounds letal injections are so often challenged in court it was so peaceful). After he was gone, the vet asked my permission to send just his head to a state run lab; they will test it for rabies. If he was positive and if I get rabies and if after I find out I am infected I can still walk and drive and cary something in my hands, the wrath of one angry dog owner and rabies victim will be unleashed upon those responsible. I am not a violent guy, I do not condone illegal acts but there are limits and there are some things which must be avenged and getting rabies because a vet was an arsehat might just be one of them. On the bright side, the vet thinks it unlikely I got it or that Knucklehead had it but the head person in some health department or other told her it should be tested to be on the safe side. All in all I spend about $1,000 at my local vet for 6 or 7 visits and another $913.00 at the vet in Shreveport for the one visit last Friday.

I cried like baby or worse in the vet's office and again later at home. In just 5 weeks and two days the joy of having Knucklehead in the family was replaced by the agony of having him put down and that has already become the sorrow that will haunt me for the rest of my forever. It is amazing how much I came to love my little buddy in such a short time but it's not hard to understand why since he was lovable, playful, loyal, a fast learner and he obviously loved both Skye and me. He also kind of lived up to his name and was quite a knucklehead at times. If there truly is an afterlife, I am sure he is in whatever amounts to dog heaven.After I got home, I sat down and watched "The Hunt" one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes; if you are a dog lover, are or were a TZ fan, and if you remember the episode, you know why I watched it.

I really tried my best for him. My only real consolation is how many folks who saw us together at the dog parks have told me how much he loved me and Skye, how well I took care of him and how hard I tried to save him. RIP Knucklehead my little buddy.

Spoiler alert, this is the end of The Hunt.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom