1000011381.png
    Capitol Armory ad

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    It's almost as if those who have the most experience with russia understand the fight will be theirs all too soon if russia isnt stopped NOW.
    8c52717a1f3006e597dbb111bbfa87c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Except all but 2 of those countries are currently falling below the 2% minimum defense spending agreement. And of the two that are not, one of those two stopped fueling the proxy war. Nice attempt at trying to make it look like it’s based on their expertise with Russia, but its actually their lack of defense spending in combination with the small size of their country/population that results in small quantities of equipment representing large percentages of their stockpiles. If those countries gave the same amount, but were spending at least the 2% minimum, those percentages would drop a fair amount. Besides, rhey know they are relying on us for their protection anyway, and we will buy them new stuff.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    small size of their country/population that results in small quantities of equipment representing large percentages of their stockpiles

Thank you captain obvious. Thats exactly what GDP% and charts like this help us equate.

Giving nearly 2/3rds of your equipment away is 2/3rds of your equipment regardless of if it's 200 or 20,000...

The military equivalent of widow's mite...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Thank you captain obvious. Thats exactly what GDP% and charts like this help us equate.

Giving nearly 2/3rds of your equipment away is 2/3rds of your equipment regardless of if it's 200 or 20,000...

The military equivalent of widow's mite...

The point is, your attempt at making this seem impressive is a complete failure.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The point is, your attempt at making this seem impressive is a complete failure.
    A multitude of nations giving huge proportions of their military stockpiles is impressive whatever nay-saying ninnies may say to obscure the plain facts.

What's more is it demonstrates that those most effected believe russia needs to be stopped and Ukraine's sovereignty preserved. Belief often requires action and they have acted in defence of others in the name of freedom.

May it ever be that freedom has such friends as these nations, they are helping Ukraine water the tree of Liberty with the blood of tyrants.

I say chapaeu!

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    A multitude of nations giving huge proportions of their military stockpiles is impressive whatever nay-saying ninnies may say to obscure the plain facts.

What's more is it demonstrates that those most effected believe russia needs to be stopped and Ukraine's sovereignty preserved. Belief often requires action and they have acted in defence of others in the name of freedom.

May it ever be that freedom has such friends as these nations, they are helping Ukraine water the tree of Liberty with the blood of tyrants.

I say chapaeu!

What you say is nothing more that your own opinion. You can be as impressed as you’d like. I can be as unimpressed as I’d like. The fact that they are spending below 2% of GDP indicates that they are not as worried as you think. Notice that Estonia is on that list despite the graph indicating they have not actually provided a single thing to Ukraine. The spin you put on this is just your spin. Them spending below the 2% minimum is fact.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    People and nations always find a way to morally justify what is in their (financial) interests. We’re no different. Sad for Ukraine, but c’est la vie (suckers). Who was it that said the only thing worse than being our enemy was being our friend?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

It is past time to let this thread die.

I know Ben tried by separating it once.

We all have enjoyed opportunity to give our thoughts. Over-&-over.

There is no consensus, and that’s OK with most.

Please let it die !

leVieux

<>

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    <>

It is past time to let this thread die.

I know Ben tried by separating it once.

We all have enjoyed opportunity to give our thoughts. Over-&-over.

There is no consensus, and that’s OK with most.

Please let it die !

leVieux

<>
    You don’t have to open the thread. It’s interesting for the IO angle.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    russia moving TO civilian areas to launch attacks... they started the war and use civilian just like hamas does; as protection from attacks and targets to attack.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapat

You don’t have to open the thread. It’s interesting for the IO angle.
    <>

Actually I hate to see you two beating on one another. Cycleguy is a good Guy, but your responses seem well-founded & reasoned.

Could we get a truce; or, at east a cease-fire for a while ?

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom