Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

300 AAC Blackout Uppers Cheap

DSA is selling 300 AAC blackout uppers for not much $$. If you think you can't afford one click the link. Man, I'm sooo tempted.

DSA now offering 300 Blackout uppers $320! - AR15.COM
    A "gun free zone" is tyrannies playground.
    I carry a gun to give me options, not a single solution.

Re: 300 AAC Blackout Uppers Cheep

Have you shot the 300 yet.Im real tempted too.

Honestly there is no reason for them not to be as cheep as any 5.56 upper.
    It's the new 30-30. Why not flood the market with them and revolutionize the hunting and shooting industry?

That's cheaper than it was for me to re-barrel my M4 upper into a .300blk.
    On the other hand: I got the faster twist for the heavier sub sonic bullets. The gas port was the length I wanted, and I used a low profile gas block underneath a Spectre length handguard.

Quote Originally Posted by scap99 View Post
    That's cheaper than it was for me to re-barrel my M4 upper into a .300blk.
    On the other hand: I got the faster twist for the heavier sub sonic bullets. The gas port was the length I wanted, and I used a low profile gas block underneath a Spectre length handguard.
    I'd agree that this isn't for someone wanting to customize. I'd be nice to find barrels of different lengths and port lengths for well under $200.
    A "gun free zone" is tyrannies playground.
    I carry a gun to give me options, not a single solution.

Re: 300 AAC Blackout Uppers Cheap

Here are the direct links to the DSA website.

DSA ZM4 Forged 7075T6 A3 AR15 Upper Receiver; 300AAC - DSZM4CBU300-D S Arms

DSA ZM4 Forged 7075T6 A3 AR15 Upper Receiver; 300AAC - DSZM4CBU300SS-D S Arms

That a good find, CDNN has the CMMG uppers for $399.99
    “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” ~ Albert Einstein

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

I think the conceptual nature of the 300blk serves a purpose, and if properly followed thru, would be a nice addition to the market. However; it looks like the big manufacturers have already "shit the bed" in regards to offering affordable, plentiful ammo choices for these new platform. This is the same thing that happened to the 6.8SPC.

However; it looks like the big manufacturers have already "shit the bed" in regards to offering affordable, plentiful ammo choices for these new platform.
    I disagree. It may take some time for it to get as popular as more mainstream cartridges are right now, but there is a lot out there for it. Remington is doing more for it than they are doing for their .30 AR round. As more people get exposed, barrels become available, drop in kits cheapen (as in this thread) it should take off.

Here is Midway's listing of 4 offerings.
    Find - MidwayUSA

Ables has a few.
    Able Ammo

Sportsmans guide has it.
    Sportsman's Guide - Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear at The Sportsman's Guide

Some others,
    Advanced Armament Corp 21509 Blackout 300 AAC Blackout 220Gr Full Metal Jacket Subsonic 20 200 101679 - ManVenture Outpost, LLC

As with all new things, it takes a bit of time to get everyone on board. But for the most part, it's running 1$ a round, which is not bad for hunting bullets.
    “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” ~ Albert Einstein

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

now can you just through in a BCG and it fit fine? do you have to check for headspace, have it fitted? Common sense tells me yes.

never mind.
    Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
    JFK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast