Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow More on CTD (Cheaper Than Dirt)

If you go to their website and find some *stuff* that you want, then here's a little tick I learned today. Their on-line business uses different distributors than what is available to the retail stores. Because of this, not every thing you see on-line is going to be available in the retail store (now or ever). So this following hint is something I learned today and I guess it's good at least for the whole north Texas region. One of the McKinney store managers told me this. In order for somthing to be physically in the store or at least availabe to it (assuming its not sold out), the product website code must take the form of three letters- a dash- followed by three (or four) numbers. For instance, something like: AMM-410 or AMM-5154 (used a couple of ammo codes as an example). If the product code takes any other form or follows any other sequence than that, then it won't be in the store - save yourself a trip!
    When a handgun just won't do:
    Fire mission, over...adjust fire, one round HE...coordinates...

Mosted Hated Member

Re: More on CTD (Cheaper Than Dirt)

The Ft Worth store has a "internet counter" in the store that stocks many catalog items not in stock "in the store"
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

That's because the store is called Outdoor Adventures and is different from the catalog sales counter in the back.
    What the F^&#, Over?

That's why I call first I've had that happen before. I've had good luck latley though, I saw some mec gar mags for my 226 on their website for $20 a pop happened to run in and they had them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by jake75 View Post
    That's because the store is called Outdoor Adventures and is different from the catalog sales counter in the back.
    So that's interesting (at least to me). Maybe that goes a long way in explaining why one of the sales guys in McKinney was pretty indignant one day when I mentioned something about the Ft. Worth location. I've forgotten exactly what he said and besides it was more in the way he said it anyway...kind of a looking down your nose sorta snarl and snide remark that followed. I got the sense, they kind of compete with each other rather than belonging to the same large company.

I've never been to the FW location. I got the impression they are some kind of stocking warehouse and maybe that's why the McKinney folks hold a little resentment towards them. (???) Just seems like a strange "corporate culture" to me... not sure I've got it figured out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    So that's interesting (at least to me). Maybe that goes a long way in explaining why one of the sales guys in McKinney was pretty indignant one day when I mentioned something about the Ft. Worth location. I've forgotten exactly what he said and besides it was more in the way he said it anyway...kind of a looking down your nose sorta snarl and snide remark that followed. I got the sense, they kind of compete with each other rather than belonging to the same large company.

I've never been to the FW location. I got the impression they are some kind of stocking warehouse and maybe that's why the McKinney folks hold a little resentment towards them. (???) Just seems like a strange "corporate culture" to me... not sure I've got it figured out yet.
    I don't know how true it is or if it was already brought up before, but I was told that the Ft Worth location is a franchise and the McKinney location is a corporate store. Which, doesn't make any sense to me since the FTW location was open long before the McKinney location or why it even matters that the FTW location is a franchise.

Michael.
    HK / FN / BCM

After Cheaper Than Dirt raised their prices 9000% when it was assured Obama was coming in to office, I'm surprised you guys still give them your business.

To each their own, I guess.

P.S. One of their executives also went on record saying nobody needed to be able to buy more than 5 guns without "being looked into" by law enforcement.
    "If you buy five AK-47s ... somebody needs to look at that. It's just good police work." -- DeWayne Irwin, owner of Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor Adventures in Fort Worth, on a new federal policy that requires gun sellers...
    Quote source

Still want to do business with them?
    "Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

Home | Forum | Blog | ❏ PicPaste | ☎ Nalioth

The Ft. Worth location is a franchise. It's actually Outdoor adventures. If you buy a gift card it says it on there. I asked when I got one because it didn't say Cheaper Than Dirt on it. The Catalog sales is a different buisness in the same building. The warehouse attached is the same as the catalog sales, not the store front. I haven't been to the McKinney store yet but I can see it being a corporate deal. I think they have a warehouse in Louisiana also and that is attached to the internet sales also because some of the stuff ships from there. If you want the skinny, ask the kids at the catalog sales counter. Usually they will tell you everything you want to know.
    What the F^&#, Over?

Okay, just so I'll know for future reference, where in FW is their location? The one in McKinney is basically at the northwest corner of U.S. Hwy 75 [Central Expressway] and U.S. Highway 380 {runs between McKinney and Denton}. Kinda located behind the KFC.
    --
    Thought it sounded like a wierd set up (and now, more than ever).

Its on the access road on 820 leading to 35S off of Mark 4 Pkwy. Easiest way..Either exit mark 4 from 820 and take a left onto the access road and its on your right, or exit meacham blvd, go west go north on mark 4, east onto the access road at 820 and mark 4 and youll be in the same place.
    What the F^&#, Over?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast