Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

January Gun Shows

In the last few days with every outlet for guns , mags and ammo selling out their stock. The Gun shop owner down the street said he is closing up because he doesn't have anything to sell; do you think the big gun shows scheduled for Jan in Houston are going to be worth the parking fee?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspro View Post
    In the last few days with every outlet for guns , mags and ammo selling out their stock. The Gun shop owner down the street said he is closing up because he doesn't have anything to sell; do you think the big gun shows scheduled for Jan in Houston are going to be worth the parking fee?
    I suspect that even if you found something you liked, the price might be +50% what it was last week. That may go for ammo, too. Maybe if you are looking for a sporting shotgun or nice 1911 or something largely excluded from any AWB sheningans.

A few of the greedier dealers aren't sold out, They stored their stock and are waiting for price hikes. I'm a nfa dealer and I walked into a store the other day and the douche behind the counter tried to sell me a dpms for $2000.

Quote Originally Posted by hkusp1 View Post
    I walked into a store the other day and the douche behind the counter tried to sell me a dpms for $2000.
    My fear is that's the new FMV ....

Nothing says 'I love you' like a box of hydroshox.

So does anyone think that means there's a deal to be had on a 10 rd or less little pistol? I'm thinking of hitting the FW gun show tomorrow and see if maybe I can find a deal on a little single stack since those should be in the lowest demand (but might be the only thing left on the tables)
    Chris

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” Will Rogers

I have a feeling that ANYTHING that can load ammunition and go bang will be priced higher than a cracker on your Mars Vacation flight.

Good luck to those who venture out in search of new firearms now. I am simply looking for precious metals now. No more guns for me.

Radioman

Quote Originally Posted by Radioman93 View Post
    I have a feeling that ANYTHING that can load ammunition and go bang will be priced higher than a cracker on your Mars Vacation flight.

Good luck to those who venture out in search of new firearms now. I am simply looking for precious metals now. No more guns for me.

Radioman
    Right on!!!

I decided to see for myself ... madness, I tell you ... madness.

Used XD40s for $600
    NIB M&P15 for $2200
    Steel 20r AR mags for $25
    PMags for $50

And people were buying them.

And folks were buying at those prices. Wonders will never cease.

Glad I got a box of 50 candy canes at a pre-Christmas sale to tide me over while I search out precious metals. Have to keep your sugar levels up while vigorously searching out the precious metals.

Radioman

Yes ... people were buying. Note I said "people" and not enthusiasts.
    Last edited by mitchntx; 12-22-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast