Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mic
    TGT Supporter
    Was anybody able to make it to this? What happened?

I really really hate to say this but after attending a gun show this past summer at the Travis County fair grounds it would be no great loss.

Maybe, but the new Premier show in North Austin was a pretty nice show. It would be a shame that a city of the size of Austin would require its residents to go all the way to San Antonio or up to the Killeen area to attend a gun show!
    When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
    Maybe, but the new Premier show in North Austin was a pretty nice show. It would be a shame that a city of the size of Austin would require its residents to go all the way to San Antonio or up to the Killeen area to attend a gun show!
    The premire was nice. It wasan't to long ago that APD had shut down saxet and there were quite a few months that there weren't any gun shows in Travis County.
    I think that was why Saxet moved out of APD's Jurisdiction and into TCSOs.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "GO AWAY" in any language.
    Lcpl USMC 04/14/2011-

Travis commissioners delay vote on gun show ban | www.statesman.com

Travis County commissioners delayed a vote Tuesday on banning gun shows on county property, as county lawyers appeared to cast doubt on the legality of such a move.
    After emerging from a private meeting with attorneys, County Judge Sam Biscoe said the prospect for a ban was “not good.”

Some talk that
    Nordyke v. King scared them off. http:/www.scotusblog.com/2012/06/nordyke-gun-case-nears-end/
    Last edited by matefrio; 01-09-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    A "gun free zone" is tyrannies playground.
    I carry a gun to give me options, not a single solution.

Here we go: Attorney General of Texas is going to kick some scrawny Austin arse:
    The PJ Tatler » Texas AG Proposes ‘Double-Barreled’ Lawsuit Challenge if City, County Ban Gun Shows

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott is a true asskicker! God bless him!

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
    It hasn't. Austin is the exception, the island of liberalism in a sea of rational thought. The rest of Texas is still sane.
    This is a big reason why I headed out to the Hill country of Hays county. The only problem , I've been out here for 7 years and attended a birthday party for my son's friend and all but me and the kid's birthday's parent were from Kalifornia. We just looked at each other like we were being surrounded. It has spread out to the surrounding area too and they're bringing their social policies with them. Luckily our area has been strong with good old fashioned Texas traditions. I just hope we can keep them at bay.

Re: Travis County wants to Ban Gun Shows in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    This is a big reason why I headed out to the Hill country of Hays county. The only problem , I've been out here for 7 years and attended a birthday party for my son's friend and all but me and the kid's birthday's parent were from Kalifornia. We just looked at each other like we were being surrounded. It has spread out to the surrounding area too and they're bringing their social policies with them. Luckily our area has been strong with good old fashioned Texas traditions. I just hope we can keep them at bay.
    they all moved here from California because the taxes are too high over there
    and the jobs are disappearing then they want the same liberal social programs they had over in California that created the whole problem in the first place
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com
    NRA Lifetime Member

I had bumper stickers made. They say: "From Calif? Go back!". Not that bumper stickers are going to be effective in the coming culture wars in Texas. If we can confine these Kahlifornia mutts to Austin and the Hill Country, we'll be ok. I fear for our way of life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast