Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Gun & Ammo Prices Lower and Become More Available...

So I've been doing my best to keep up with news on 'Bama's most recent AWB stunt. I've read a lot of recent news articles that are reporting that the probability of this bill even going to the floor for a vote is unlikely. Hoping that all of this crashes and burns soon, what are your thoughts on the prices of everything coming back down and the availability going back up?

Personally, I am hoping that near summer, I will be able to find some people that need to pay bills and are trying to flip their rifles quick. I think that a lot of new items may be back ordered for a while. I don't have an AR or 10/22 in my collection yet.
    -Caroline

Here is an interesting piece from my cousin:

I received this today from a knowledgeable friend.

Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia :

Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out 750-800 weapons a day

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia :

Chuck

Everything will be back to normal in a few months.

It will take people a little while to realize that they aren't going to break even on their new purchase.

I would guess that this summer will be a good time to start buying again.
    Yes, sometimes I am no help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster69 View Post
    Dawico is a major PITA! But what really sucks is he's so often right

Where? I haven't seen cheaper or ammo on shelves?

Quote Originally Posted by bullgator View Post
    Here is an interesting piece from my cousin:

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.
    EMPs in 9mm are SOOOOO hard to find! Why haven't they been popping those out? Lenny McGill, the guy that owns/runs GlockStore went to shot show and said that Glock was 600,000 units back ordered and 1.5 million mags. He also said that AR mags were like 2 million back ordered. Official numbers were on his facebook page.
    -Caroline

Short of being fortunate and finding some ammo at Wallyworld, or GT or Academy, I haven't really seen any "normal" prices still. I'm still seeing 80 cents to $1 a round for .223, still seeing $40+ for PMags, it's pretty ridiculous still. I suspect that, yes, by summer things will calm down. Either people will realize that it's very unlikely that O and his thugs won't be able to get anything passed, or their income will not allow them to sustain that kind of high purchasing habits. Either way, demand will fall and so will the prices. Inventory will probably still be an issue for a while, but I think we'll start seeing reasonable prices again, and finding things in stock without waiting in line before the store opens.

the 3 academys i frequent got their biggest shipment of ammo in weeks this morning. i took that as a good sign. but most the gun shops i visit have still had a good selection of ammo since the beginning.

My observation:

Things are definitely calming down, bills are coming in and people who gambled on the AWB has lost severly and made some very wrong decisions on black gun purcahse. I closely watch a few vendors and arfcom, people are literally starting to sell again at "reduced price" reducing a couple of hundred dollars every few days. Most are out of credit line or maxed out their credit cards or blown away savings.
    On the ammo side yeah its right we are 3rd in line but again most ammo manufacturers are running at 100% capaciity, and 8-9 months is a very safe bet but personally at this speed/economy I see things getting back on track within next 3 months.

Gun & Ammo Prices Lower and Become More Available...

Quote Originally Posted by itchin2shoot View Post
    Where? I haven't seen cheaper or ammo on shelves?
    I've bought 900 round cans of 9mm at Academy 2 hours after opening and my back ordered cheap .308 just shipped. Ammo is coming around.
    richaschocolate.com - my new personal finance blog. Let me know what you think. Don't worry - I don't sell anything.

Well these are definitely good signs. I, for one, am somewhat glad things happened the way they did. It finally lit a fire under my butt to get out and buy reloading equipment. I always wanted to get it, but always justified why I didn't need to buy it. This made me realize I don't want to pay out the nose for ammo to go plinking with, so I did something about it, and was fortunate to find everything I needed for reasonable prices.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast