Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's the deal with my Glock 26 - pic included (I hope)

NIB Glock 26 that I got for Christmas. What is the deal with the open area next to the magazine? Doesn't seem right to me. Is there a piece missing from my gun? Thanks.

G26.jpg

Nope, that's how they come. There are aftermarket plugs out there to fill the gap if it really bothers you.

I guess it is for the Glock Safety lock. Finally found a good pict on the Glock website. Thanks. I think I'll go with a plug.

SIG-SOG,

You can get rid of the open area with a custom grip reduction. I'll show you a pic of my Glock 27 when I get it back from Dale at GripReductions.com Glock 9mm's are some of the easiest to shoot guns I have ever owned, but if you want a better feel to it instead of that hump on the back check the website out.

That feeling goes away. Soon enough, you'll start to really like the blocky way the slide looks, which at first you could barely stand.

Glocks grow on you. : P
    Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
    JFK

Eats breakfast everyday codygjohnson's Avatar
    this will fit in it...

Attachment 2056

Then convert it to full auto and shoot nothing but armor piercing ammo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    i'm just an idiot asshat jerk off and should turn all my guns in at the next buy back event.

TGT Supporter
    I plugged mine
    :texas:"Chance favors the prepared mind" atriot:

"Don't drink the Kool-aid"

http://texasgunowner.com/forum/forum.php

www.usconcealedcarry.com

Just thought I'd drop in and say that it is designed that way and if you plug it there is a place for moister and dirt and other things to get stuck in the gun. I wouldn't plug it. BTW Glocks suck!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    "Scars remind us where we've been, but they don't have to dictate where we're going."-Criminal Minds

Quote Originally Posted by codygjohnson View Post
    this will fit in it...

Attachment 2056

Then convert it to full auto and shoot nothing but armor piercing ammo...
    Yeah, as long as you SBR it and pay the $200 NFA fee and go through the hassle of becoming an SOT so you can legally own the auto switch. Seriously, don't joke about that, someone that doesn't know any better is liable to try that out without realizing what a world of trouble they could get into unless they meet all the requirements to be eligible to do it.
    "Ammo in the gun = Time in the fight." -Paul Gomez

Already been said, but its a channel to allow debris and water to move out of the inner workings of the gun. It is also designed to give you someplace to get your thumb to help with extracting stuck magazines from the gun. Both are more a function of military or hard tactical usage it dirty conditions. Typically users won't ever have a problem with sticking a plug in it unless you plan on swimming or mudwrestling while carrying.

Glock tweekers have found it a useful place to insert plastic or weighted plugs or the attachment points for magwells. Nice thing about some of the plugs is that they act as sort of a funnel to help guide magazines in during reloads under pressure or where you are not focusing on the magwell well during the reload process.

malladus
    I spent 9 years in college learning a career that requires a nuclear reactor, a 5 millon dollar lab, 15 positions total, and they only open up when some one dies in a glob of molten magma. Maybe I should have seriously considered something else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast