Texas Gun Forum Ad

Springfield 1911 Loaded Made in Brazil?

I just bought a springfield 1911 loaded and noticed that it has made in brazil stamped on the slide. I knew that springfield was making some of their guns down in brazil, but didn't realize that they were all made down there. Is this the case? They don't really say on the website. Just curious I guess.

Just found this on 1911forum.com "All Springfield 1911s have significant Brazilian content. Those with "ww" or "n" prefix serial numbers are 100% Brazilian. Those with an "NM" serial number prefix are finish machined and assembled from components shipped from Brazil, but have enough U.S. value-added to escape the made-in-Brazil
    stamps." I guess I should've googled it first after I didn't find the answer on TGT, but either way just thought I'd post for anybody else on here looking.

Not sure to answer your question mine has been 100% reliable I have the light weight frame and shoot mild reloads which are extremely accurate one of the best autos I've used in my life time.

I wasn't questioning the quality of the weapon, I know Springfield makes quality stuff. I just didn't realize that all of their manufacturing is done in Brazil, which is also not a big deal. This thread also answered a lot of my questions. The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site - N and NM Serial Number Prefix and Where the Pistol is Made

Quote Originally Posted by nickro View Post
    I wasn't questioning the quality of the weapon, I know Springfield makes quality stuff. I just didn't realize that all of their manufacturing is done in Brazil, which is also not a big deal. This thread also answered a lot of my questions. The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site - N and NM Serial Number Prefix and Where the Pistol is Made
    Understood where you coming from just wanted to assure you after hundreds of rounds they function great, I at first thought mine was made in Brazil however at the time Springfield told me the frame only the rest was assemble and manufactured here, but in any event happy with the product. Sad to say very few items we buy today are fully made in the USA, scopes are a big grab bag in our global economy never know where they come from
    parts or assembly.

Got it, thanks for responding and sharing some of your experience.