Texas Gun Forum Ad
    TGT Supporter

Anybody know how to remove the Beretta 92FS safety from the slide??

Don't know if this should be posted here or in gunsmithing. Trying to remove the safety lever from the slide of a Beretta 92fs. Don't know if there are different variations but this is one where the hammer appears to strike through the safety to the firing pin. Has to be a way to remove it if you need to change out the firing pin or spring but have been unable to figure it out. Took a look at the AGI DVD and they start with the safety already out of the gun and never mention it....

TGT Supporter
    BT1911, thanks for the link, I had made it up to getting the safety to slide out, I will keep working on it!

TGT Supporter
    SUCCESS!! What they show in the diagram, but is probably mentioned earlier on, is that the firing pin block must be removed from the slide for the safety lever to rotate up and out. Noticed that it was missing from the diagram, removed mine and...out it went! Thanks again! Now to the blasting tank and the duracoat!