Texas Gun Forum Ad

Help with manufacture date.

Does anyone have access to a link or book of gun manufacture dates? I recently received an H & R Model 999 22LR s/n AX1120xx (the AX is prefix)and a Arminus pistol with inter-changeable cylinders (22 mag & 22 LR) s/n 7916xx. I would like to know when they were made. Any help would be appreciated.
    Okie556
    Proud Viet Nam Vet

Re: Help with manufacture date.

From the link below, the AX prefix would have been made in 1981

Harrington & Richardson Serialization
    "Oh judge! Your damn laws! The good people donít need them, and the bad people donít obey them."

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom ó go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Acera View Post
    From the link below, the AX prefix would have been made in 1981

Harrington & Richardson Serialization
    Thanks Acera for quick reply. Any thoughts on the Arminus?
    Okie556
    Proud Viet Nam Vet

Quote Originally Posted by okie556 View Post
    Thanks Acera for quick reply. Any thoughts on the Arminus?
    Sorry but I am not real familiar with them. Post some pictures of it and I will look it up for you. You trying to sell it?
    "Oh judge! Your damn laws! The good people donít need them, and the bad people donít obey them."

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom ó go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Acera View Post
    Sorry but I am not real familiar with them. Post some pictures of it and I will look it up for you. You trying to sell it?
    May be a few days on pictures.......just came back off a month at the lake and SD Card is full....need to download and print some picture. Not looking to sell but thanks for asking. My older brother passed away last October and I just got these 2 guns from his wife. Going to give to my son to keep in family. Wish I had the boxes at least for the H & R 999. As far as I can tell it has never been fired. I rubbed and oiled and could not find a single black residue from gun powder anywhere on it. The blueing is the darkest blue I have ever seen.
    Okie556
    Proud Viet Nam Vet

Arminius is previous trademark of two German companies beginning circa 1922 through the mid-1970s. Thats all I could find. Happy shooting. L.B.