Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by subseashooter View Post
    A lot of my lady friendsenjoy shooting my Walther PPK/S, FWIW.
    Giggity
    Being forced to choose between democrats and republicans is like being forced to choose which end of a turd smells better.

My wife held 75 different pistols shot 20 of them and ended up getting a PK380 and loved it. Then I talked her into shooting my commander size Sid C3, and the 380 hasn't left the safe since. She claimed my sig and now that she has her CHL carries it daily ( she is 5'2" and 100 and nothing pounds) but it amazes me how well she can conceal it. She tried 5-6 different holsters and finally just ended up going to Tandy and made her own. Long story short no matter what we tell you she has to pick it out we can just lead you to some good examples.

Quote Originally Posted by benenglish View Post
    My sister is disabled and growing weaker as the years pass. She has a large purse for concealed carry and loves her Glock 17 precisely because it's so easy to rack the slide. (Now if I could just get her to fix the little problem where she let her CHL lapse.)

Looking to the future, the G17 will be too much for her eventually. I'm having a Beretta 86 restored for her. If you can find a good one, there's no need to manipulate a slide again. It's way over-bulky for a .380 but if she's used to carrying a G17 I figure she can adapt when/if the time comes.
    Could you convince her to add strength exercises to her daily routine ?

So my wife is thinking about getting her CHL...

My wife carries an M&P shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles1181 View Post
    Thanks for the update short. Reason I was asking for ladies opinions is that generally speaking, women have smaller hands then men do. Notice I did not say anything about the caliber being to big. She has shot a full size 1911 and liked it. Honestly that might be what she ends up with, just wondering if there are other options out there. Thanks for the input so far, anybody else have anything to add to the list.

Eagle
    I have very small hands and weak wrists, while I can shoot any gun I've put it my hands so far, I have had extreme trouble with racking a slide on some firearms, as well as taking off the safety one-handed and even pulling the trigger on a few. For example- the S&W bodyguard .380 is heavily marketed towards women, but I could not do any of those things when I first bought mine. Only once my fiancÚ had put about 800 rounds through it could I operate this firearm without struggling. I would suggest taking her to a heavily equipped gun shop and letting her test out a bunch. Have her rack the slide, take off the safety and dry fire to see which ones are comfortable. As for which ones will always go bang- the Sig p238 is a huge hit in my household. Its small, accurate and easy to use. However, I choose to carry a revolver because I personally feel safer and find it easier to use under pressure. One thing that hit home with me was a demonstration of an attacker rushing up on a woman- she pulled her semi-auto and pushed it against him, but he was so close that his bulk pushed the slide of her firearm back enough that it wouldn't fire. I hope she finds the right fit for her, every one is different and what works for some doesn't always appeal to others.
    www.Guns4Gals.com It's not about politics. It's about protection.

Quote Originally Posted by TX69 View Post
    Could you convince her to add strength exercises to her daily routine ?
    Possibly. I'll add it to the list of things I encourage her to do.
    "The surest protection against temptation is cowardice."

Quote Originally Posted by AngeliaH View Post
    Not all chicks.
    I know.... There is this pic of(ak I think) somewhere in the pre-crash forum, a woman was shooting it at some range. All of the gun was pink, hot pink and super hot pink and had a hello kitty sticker on the side of the stock. I sent it to my sister, she was horrified that such a thing existed let alone being used.

Quote Originally Posted by benenglish View Post
    Possibly. I'll add it to the list of things I encourage her to do.
    Good. Get her a cheap set of those grip squeezy deals that have the chrome spring and foam grips. If she keeps up with it she could beat you in arm wrestling! lol

I have a Ruger LCP .380 and M&P Shield 9mm for conceal carry - prefer the Shield (trigger action and grip primarily)
    CHL holder & Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Green View Post
    Additionally, some women may not be able to cycle the slide on many semi-autos. If your lady has weak hands or finds slide-cycling difficult, you should look at Glocks or the Sig P238/P239. Their slides are much easier to cycle.
    The MUCH better half has very weak hands. She can cycle her P238, but not the P239. Hasn't tried the P938 yet. She can work a G19. The G17 is a tad easier. She has teeny hands and the P238 fits her best. She likes her revolver as well. She's pretty good with the wheel gun.
    True peace is not merely the absence of tension, it is the presence of justice. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast