Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

.40 Cal Kimber CDP

In my search for a new carry Kimber I came across a .40 S & W Ultra CDP!. As new condition (could have said new and I wouldn't have known the difference.) Any one ever seen or heard of a .40 Ultra CDP? This is my favorite caliber......have a lot of .40 ammo on hand.....never owned a .45. Problem is, I can buy NIB Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor for the same money. Seems like a no-brainer but damn a .40 cal Ultra CDP....how sweet is that.:gotme:

Okie556
    Okie556
    Proud Viet Nam Vet

dee
    I have the full frame CDP in .45 and love it. It should be twotone stainless slide with a black frame. The frames are aluminium to make it easier to carry but is supposed to be very durrable.
    Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
    John Wayne

I would love to see it....I have an Ultra CDP in .45, but as you state, .40 is my favorite caliber as well & I would most likely buy it.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    I would love to see it....I have an Ultra CDP in .45, but as you state, .40 is my favorite caliber as well & I would most likely buy it.
    I'm going to sleep on it tonight. If I don't buy I'll PM you the info.
    Okie556
    Proud Viet Nam Vet

Quote Originally Posted by okie556 View Post
    I'm going to sleep on it tonight. If I don't buy I'll PM you the info.
    Thank you....:happy0001:
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by okie556 View Post
    In my search for a new carry Kimber I came across a .40 S & W Ultra CDP!. As new condition (could have said new and I wouldn't have known the difference.) Any one ever seen or heard of a .40 Ultra CDP? This is my favorite caliber......have a lot of .40 ammo on hand.....never owned a .45. Problem is, I can buy NIB Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor for the same money. Seems like a no-brainer but damn a .40 cal Ultra CDP....how sweet is that.:gotme:

Okie556
    I was hoping Texasredneck might chime in since he owns so many Kimbers. I wonder how old this gun is? No find any current offerings for .40 cal in Kimber.....just 9 & 45....maybe still a 10mm.
    Okie556
    Proud Viet Nam Vet

I have never seen one. They made a pro carry and a stainless target II in 40 but I wasnt aware of one in a CDP. I wonder if it was converted?
    "Government takes from the needy and gives to the greedy" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]\m/

Quote Originally Posted by Okierifleman View Post
    I have never seen one. They made a pro carry and a stainless target II in 40 but I wasnt aware of one in a CDP. I wonder if it was converted?
    :headscratch: What I was wondering! Think I will try sending Kimber an e-mail to see if they can tell me if a .40 cal CDP Ultra II was ever produced.
    Okie556
    Proud Viet Nam Vet

I am pretty sure that you could simply replace the 45 barrel with a 40 and go on your way but I may be wrong. I will be interested to see what the answer is.

Well, there is a Ultra CDP 40 on Gunbroker right now. I guess the mystery has been solved.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast