Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gun ranges in North Houston with gun rentals?

I'm looking for a range that lets you rent several brands of pistols and maybe even rifles that are in North Houston.(More specifically, Northeast Houston) I'm looking to buy a pistol but I want to try out a few first. I have the Beretta 92 and Sig P226 in mind.

Can the more experienced help me out?

Re: Gun ranges in North Houston with gun rentals?

Thanks. I just checked their gun rental list, and they have all the guns I want to try out, except the CZ75B in 9mm. No biggie.

Anymore ranges?

Spring guns has a decent selection of rentals but havnt been since last year when I moved from houston
    And so when man and horse go down
    Beneath a saber keen,
    Or in a roaring charge of fierce melee
    You stop a bullet clean,
    And the hostiles come to get your scalp,
    Just empty your canteen,
    And put your pistol to your head
    And go to Fiddlers' Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcav View Post
    Spring guns has a decent selection of rentals but havnt been since last year when I moved from houston
    Thanks! I've never heard of this range before, and it's pretty close too. I'll give them a call to make sure what pistols they have for renting.

Still taking answers.

If you're going to Top Gun, just be aware that they charge their rental fee per gun, plus you have to buy their ammo, so it gets expensive if you're renting a variety of guns. I've heard of ranges (not in Houston) charging the gun rental fee once and letting you rent as many guns as you like, as long as you buy their ammo. I ended up spending almost $70 to rent two guns with one box of ammo plus range fee.

I learned that I didn't like the gun I was originally going to buy, so it's good that it saved me from a potentially bad purchase. My advice is to first hold the guns you like and see that it points well, dry fire them to feel the trigger, make sure the controls and sight picture work for you and then rent them.

Quote Originally Posted by boscoh View Post
    If you're going to Top Gun, just be aware that they charge their rental fee per gun, plus you have to buy their ammo, so it gets expensive if you're renting a variety of guns. I've heard of ranges (not in Houston) charging the gun rental fee once and letting you rent as many guns as you like, as long as you buy their ammo. I ended up spending almost $70 to rent two guns with one box of ammo plus range fee.

I learned that I didn't like the gun I was originally going to buy, so it's good that it saved me from a potentially bad purchase. My advice is to first hold the guns you like and see that it points well, dry fire them to feel the trigger, make sure the controls and sight picture work for you and then rent them.

Most ranges Ive been to operate like that. There ammo and one fee per gun, then a lesser fee for any additional guns.
    And so when man and horse go down
    Beneath a saber keen,
    Or in a roaring charge of fierce melee
    You stop a bullet clean,
    And the hostiles come to get your scalp,
    Just empty your canteen,
    And put your pistol to your head
    And go to Fiddlers' Green.

CGP

I go to Memorial Shooting Range (off I-10/beltway area). They rent guns for $15 + $15 range fee + ammo. The good thing is that you can use any number of rental guns they have - no additional charge. There's also no time limit. I think you will need to buy the ammo from them though, but they are reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcav View Post
    Was just there today they have about 20-30 rentals I think they charge 20 bucks for rentals. Also its an indoor range. 15 an hour

Sportsman's Outlet in Humble rents handguns.
    "Oh judge! Your damn laws! The good people donít need them, and the bad people donít obey them."

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom ó go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast