Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FNRA "Wall of Guns" at Premier Gun Show at GRB this weekend.

Just wanted to let everyone know that our chapter of the Friends of the NRA will be sponsoring a "Wall of Guns" at the George R. Brown gun show this weekend (Jun 2-3) as a fundraiser.

For you that have not seen or participated in one of these, it's a simple raffle with a few twists.

First, there will be a board of guns that show the options the winner of the raffle has to choose from, so you pick the gun you want.

Second, your chances of winning are 1 in 50. Once 50 tickets are sold, the raffle is held with one drawn and that person wins their chosen gun. The less lucky 49 tickets are removed and we start it over again, with an empty bucket. So unlike most gun show raffles, there will be multiple drawings each day, and hopefully close together.

The tickets are only $20 each, and you do not need to be there to win.

There will be a professional sales lady selling the tickets, and will be easy to spot and get signed up with her.

We will be able to accept, cash, check and credit cards for ticket purchase.

Don't have an exact list of what will be available, waiting on the NRA for that, but I should have it posted in this thread by Friday evening.

The guns that are won will be available for pick up from our FFL in Humble when they shipped in (maybe a week or so).

Plus, those of you that want to get your banquet tickets early ask, we should have plenty on hand.

I will be working Saturday from about 1:00 to close and look forward to meeting some of you guys. So stop by and say hello.

Hope to have some happy forum members with some unexpected new guns this weekend.:happy0001:

See Ya There,

Mike
    “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” ~ Albert Einstein

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Scruffy Nerf Herder TundraWookiee's Avatar

Re: FNRA "Wall of Guns" at Premier Gun Show at GRB this weekend.

Sounds like a great raffle system where you actually feel like you have a chance at winning and get to choose your own prize. I'm looking forward to seeing your gun list and perhaps I'll come over there after I'm done in Pasadena. I had no clue there was another gun show at GRB this weekend.

The Pasadena one should be pretty good also, it's a "High Caliber" show.
    “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” ~ Albert Einstein

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Any way to enter and not attend the show?
    A "gun free zone" is tyrannies playground.
    I carry a gun to give me options, not a single solution.

Quote Originally Posted by matefrio View Post
    Any way to enter and not attend the show?
    Yeah, I am sure we could work something out. You still have my phone number?

Um....just for clarification - the guns won't be available on Monday. They have to be ordered and shipped in - usually takes 7-10 days or so. Not long - but not quite THAT fast!

And FYI - I'll be at the Home Safety Show at Reliant Arena with another Houston area FNRA committee helping them with their Wall of Guns there.

Ya'll will have a blast w/the Premier Gun Show folks - they'll do almost anything for the FNRA! Heck - they even bought tickets almost every round we ran at the SA show!
    The Texas Redneck
    Gruene H.O.G.
    FLHTCUI - Red, of course!
    NRA Benefactor Member * PGR * TSRA Life
    "In the shadow of the Alamo, any man looks small!"
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks TexasRedneck,

The conversations I had had indicated the following Monday, but I think you are correct. I have changed the original post.

There looks like there will be a Wall of Guns at the Pasadena show High Caliber Show also. Three places in Houston to participate this weekend.

No problem - the ONLY reason I'm familiar w/it all is that I'm the guy that set 'em up w/Premier....<G> That means I got a REAL intimate education in how it works - and it IS pretty neat, IMO. But don't feel bad - I initially thought that they sent the guns w/the game! Once you understand how it all works, it makes sense. Liz will be over there with ya'll - she's really good about explaining just how it all works - even in small enough words that *I* can understand!
    The Texas Redneck
    Gruene H.O.G.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."Benjamin Franklin, 1759

LOL, just waiting on the "available" list. Might not have it by this evening when some graduations get in the way. Will you be at the Home Safety Show? What is that? Open to the public?

Yep - Home Safety Show is at Reliant Center - more info on the Reliant Center website. Open to public....we'll be there tomorrow!
    The Texas Redneck
    Gruene H.O.G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast