Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Texas Obamacare 'Exchange' Prices

Texas Obamacare 'Exchange' Prices Released--Get Ready for Sticker Shock!

Texans under thirty better brace for Obamacare sticker shock, 1200 WOAI news reports.

The prices which young people will have to pay for mandatory health insurance when those 'exchanges' become active next Tuesday are more than twice what a young person is paying now for health coverage.

A healthy 27 year old with no pre existing conditions will pay $138 a month for coverage under the exchange. That is compared to today's free market price for the same health coverage for the same healthy 27 year old of $62.

"The scheme at the heart of Obamacare is that young, healthy people will subsidize health care for younger and sicker people," said John Davidson, a health care analyst at the Texas Public Policy Foundation.

Some young people will be eligible for subsidies based on income which will cut their out of pocket costs.

Davidson says the huge increase in the cost of health insurance for young people is one of the 'dirty little secrets' of the affordable care act.

He says if young people refuse to buy health insurance at the exchanges or obtain it through their work place, the entire system is not sustainable.

"It's going to trigger what we call an adverse selection spiral," he said.* "If the risk pool doesn't have enough young healthy people in it, the claims costs will go up and up, and then the system collapses."

He points out that Obamacare prohibits the difference in costs between a young healthy 27 year old and a diabetic 62 year old cancer patient cannot be more than three times. That means young people will have to pay more because the costs of the older, sicker person cannot be raised.

Buying health insurance is mandatory under Obamacare, and individuals can be punsihed with fines or loss of tax refunds if they don't comply.

“When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe."
    Luke 11:21
    Last edited by DTdr2; 09-26-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Re: Texas Obamacare 'Exchange' Prices

Bullshit! $#@!in Bullshit!

*Forum Record Holder-Successful necroposter of 5 year old thread.*

Texas Obamacare 'Exchange' Prices

Obamacare is gonna ruin this country. We have the best medical care in the world. Shit like this happens when stupid people vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on values rather than personal gain.
    david

So I already have coverage through my work how do I refuse to pay for this crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Las Vegas, Nevada soon to be Ft. Worth, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Stukaman View Post
    So I already have coverage through my work how do I refuse to pay for this crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    By continuing to work. But make sure your coverage FROM work isn't changing due to Obuttfuckcare. I know people in several different jobs who have found out that their employers are dropping some coverage and reducing others. One person is having his hours cut ... changing him from full to part time. Another effect of Obuttfuckcare .... employer only has to supply health care for full time employees.
    "A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
    Richard Henry Lee - 1788, Senator, First Congress

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
    -Samuel Adams

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you. ....and you can bet your ass I WILL kill you.....

What happens to the guy that has a good job with insurance built into the pension plan. Do you still have to buy into the obummer care program?

Sorry I did not read Acid's post.
    Go Big then Go Home
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by txbikerman View Post
    Obamacare is gonna ruin this country. We have the best medical care in the world. Shit like this happens when stupid people vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Hell man, its ruined already...wait till '16 when Clinton-Obama sweep the race and walk right into the WH.
    Don
    Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Life Member: NRA, Texas State Rifle Association and H.O.G

ArmaLite AR10 T

Re: Texas Obamacare 'Exchange' Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    Bullshit! $#@!in Bullshit!
    Agreed.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

Yeah I just got the formal letter from my work. I think I'll stick with what I have, thanks O.B'.

So let me get this straight, not only do I have to pay for the baby boomers and those who abuse the welfare system, but now I gotta' foot the bill for those who tank their livers, kidneys and lungs before the age of 30. $#@! this, I'm grabbing a beer.

Sure is going to bite into a young Ophucho lovin' beer money stoopid Libtards lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast