Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Austin Meet & Greet at Lone Star - 3/22/09

If you are not familiar with Lone Star, they have two pistol firing lines with yardage varying to 25 Yards, and one 100 Yard Rifle line. They have plenty of parking at the entrance.

When

March 22nd - Sunday

11:00 AM

Cost

There is a $5 registration fee for first timers. All-day shooting is $12. 1-year memberships can be purchased for $65.

What is Lone Star

Lone Star is an outdoor firing range located near Lockhart, TX. for long-guns and pistols.

Lone Star allows drawing from holsters, rapid fire (pistols only), drills, etc. so long as you are safe. FMJ is allowed, but I am not sure about tracer, AP, Incendiary. Best to leave the fancy stuff at home so we don't set the range on fire, literally.

Full auto is not allowed due to berm constraints. Other items such as SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, etc. are allowed. Be sure to bring your tax stamps!

How to get to Lone Star

Lone Star Gun Range Directions

3795 Dry Creek Rd.
    Lockhart, TX 78644

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map -- Enter the above address, and your address, for specific directions.
    http://www.subaruwrxsti.org - Subaru WRX STI Information and Tuning Resource
    http://www.vikingspeedshop.com - Tuning Parts for Subarus and others.

Hopefully I can make it.

I will be there for sure, Sunday works for me.

This is pretty close to the 1 year shoot.......:icon_popcorn:

Count me in!

Anyone want to BBQ (this will be running through lunchtime)? (Will Matt let us??)

Quote Originally Posted by M4Dogg View Post
    Count me in!

Anyone want to BBQ (this will be running through lunchtime)? (Will Matt let us??)
    We'll double check on the bbq pit, but heck yeah! Worst case scenario if the pit will already be in use downtown Lockhart is close by and there is plenty of great bbq there.
    "Ammo in the gun = Time in the fight." -Paul Gomez

I was at LSGR this morning. It was pretty empty, but hella windy outside so I didn't stay very long. It looked like they are building some new burms there on the North side - I wonder if that is going to be for the NFA range (rumor has it Matt is going to add that).

Also, everything is still dirt. I was talking with Matt a while back and they need grass seed but it is $$$$. If anyone knows of some real cheap, or better, wants to donate, PLEASE DO!!

Also, I will remind everyone - LSGR has lots of RR Ties setup for wood framed target stands. They do not have a lot of target stands handy, though, so please make/bring your own. You can take some scrap 1x2 or even 2x4 I believe, and make a square with two legs. Then staple/nail some cardboad or plywood across it, and staple gun some targets to that. It works great and helps improve the range if you don't mind leaving it there (I usually take mine home because I want to further examine my shot patterns).

See you guys on the 22nd!

Matt has done a really good job with the earthworks.
    http://www.subaruwrxsti.org - Subaru WRX STI Information and Tuning Resource
    http://www.vikingspeedshop.com - Tuning Parts for Subarus and others.

Well, looks like I can't make it. I have to work. See you all next time.
    "Ammo in the gun = Time in the fight." -Paul Gomez

*bump* Who all else is going?

I just got a new toy which needs to be tested out and broken in.. :banger:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast