Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Matefrio Legal Defense Fund [PLEASE READ]

Well, this is the official thread for Matefrio (Rob)'s legal defense fund. Anyone who would like to contribute to Rob's defense fund can do so via paypal at:

matefriolegaldf@gmail.com

All monies donated will go directly to Rob's bail expense, criminal defense attorney fees (currently at $5,000.00), appellate attorneys if he needs them (which can be obscenely expensive- 10k plus), and various expenses associated with Rob successfully defending himself from this miscarriage of justice. Rob is a stand-up guy and is insistent that all monies donated to him be subject to oversight by TGT mods to verify they were spent on actual expenses related to this incident. Unlike our government, Rob is more than willing to be held accountable for all monies received and used. Any excess monies donated but not used will be re-donated to either a worthy pro-gun charity or a possible permanent legal defense fund started by TGT (I still need to speak with Alan & Travis and staff about this). The above paypal address will be accessed directly by Rob and all funds raised will go directly to his defense.

Disclaimer: Donating to this fund does not commit Rob to accepting any particular outcome AND does not entitle you to any representation by Rob's attorneys. This money is solely being used to lessen Rob's financial expenses for fighting for our rights and his freedom.

For those of you who do not know the story, I encourage you to read these threads:

I Didn't Beat the Ride - Illegal Knife + CHL + Concealed Handgun = Jail + Charges

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/politics/44999-46-02-nonapplicability-chl-discussion-thread.html

I am going to re-post my original post & thoughts on this subject
    with a few modifications-

I personally know Rob and I'd like to make a few observations:

1) First and foremost, we couldn't have asked or hand-picked a better test case for this. Rob is extremely educated, generous to our community (routinely donating his time and cool things like knives etc to TGT members), professional, calm, non tinfoil hat wearing, religious, politically active, and respectful.

2) The law is actually clear on this point and, as an attorney, I believe wholeheartedly that Rob is correct in his interpretation. We could certainly debate intent, but not content.

3) We all owe Rob a debt of gratitude. This isn't the kind of guy who is going to roll over the first opportunity he has to plea bargain his case to a result he can live with. I can't say that about a lot of folks. Rob is a principled person who has his eye on the welfare of the entire community, not just himself.

4) This will be an expensive endeavor and the stakes are very high for Rob, his freedom, his family, and professionally. However, Rob has put his money, freedom, and CHL where his mouth is. We are asking for your support- financially, prayers, writing congressmen/Governor Perry, etc.

5) How absolutely appropriate and symbolic for his arrest to have taken place inside the State Capitol building. I think this speaks volumes to how solidly Rob believes in this cause.

I literally can't say enough good things about Rob Matefrio. If you've ever met him, then you will surely know- we have the right person testing this case. Lets all show him the love and support him relentlessly during this time. Please give as generously as you can afford. I personally thank you and I know TGT Staff and Rob thank you as well.
    Houston Crew Motto- "Have Gun, Will Travel. Go Big, Then Go Home."

Can't wait until I can donate!

*Forum Record Holder-Successful necroposter of 5 year old thread.*

Matefrio Legal Defense Fund [PLEASE READ]

Done.

Thanks for posting this Tejano Scott. I'm humbled with all the friends I've made here.

Thanks to all that have contributed their prayers, time and cash to the cause.
    A "gun free zone" is tyrannies playground.
    I carry a gun to give me options, not a single solution.

I'll help as soon as I can. Good luck to you!

Re: Matefrio Legal Defense Fund [PLEASE READ]

I too, will help soon as possible.

sent from my dishwasher
    Sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom
    http://i.minus.com/ixsASwO9C4cvr.gif

Payday is Monday.
    Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages. Sam Houston

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” - Ben Franklin

Done, twice...lol

Eagle flies Friday.....will do it then, at the latest!
    The Texas Redneck
    Gruene H.O.G.
    FLHTCUI - Red, of course!
    NRA Benefactor Member * PGR * TSRA Life
    "In the shadow of the Alamo, any man looks small!"
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Done. Good luck.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast