Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    A legend in my own mind! lalonguecarabine's Avatar

Re: What is wrong with our Country?

Quote Originally Posted by MR Redneck View Post
    Whats wrong with our country??
    Every morning I get out of bed proud to be an American. Every road I travel I see the beauty called Texas. Every sunset I gaze upon, I wait for the stars to shine over the Lone Star State.

Nothing is wrong with this country! It's the people we elect, the people who lead that are the problem.
    And Dont forget it next time we go vote. atriot:
    + a billion!
    I knew there was some reason I liked ol' MR Redneck! :happy0001:
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all!"
    Major General James Mattis USMC, to Iraqi tribal leaders - 2003

Combat can certainly warp a person's mind, but we already have several avenues for a service member to use he feels himself slipping. In this instance at least one person decided he'd just rather kill innocent people for fun. His swift conviction sets the standard for how a prosecution should play out.
    START ALL GLOCK SYSTEMS.

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Combat can certainly warp a person's mind, but we already have several avenues for a service member to use he feels himself slipping. In this instance at least one person decided he'd just rather kill innocent people for fun. His swift conviction sets the standard for how a prosecution should play out.
    Which is why (for the most part) we don't put individuals into ground combat, we use units. This is for many reasons, but one of the major ones is to ensure that each looks out for each other. Now, it's not foolproof; but generally this approach has ensured that when one individual may lose the proper perspective on what is going on, others will intervene.

But for those that do violate the rules of combat, justice should be swift and severe. I don't care what side the soldier is on, if it were against us then we'd expect it; as should those we are protecting. I for one applaud how quickly this was handled, and don't subscribe to any of the bullshit conspiracy theories about it being a cover-up for politicians or high-ranking officers. That's a lame-ass excuse to justice the indiscriminate actions of a few bad apples, and in the vast majority of cases it's just a bunch of crap...
    When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
    But for those that do violate the rules of combat, justice should be swift and severe.
    I agree but again it should apply to civi's as well!! yeah yeah i know, different court systems.....and Maxy, with yer way of thinking to throw fellow soldiers who screw up for the first time under the bus as fast as you can, I couldnt imagine anyone wanting to share a foxhole with you!!:rofl:
    Have Ammo?? Lets Party!! and "When basic morality and legal principal give you a green light to shoot the S-CKER, its probably a good idea to shoot the S-CKER!!"
    Originally Posted by West Texas
    "Hey yall, someone hold my beer...now, WATCH THIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by texas skeeter View Post
    I agree but again it should apply to civi's as well!! yeah yeah i know, different court systems.....and Maxy, with yer way of thinking to throw fellow soldiers who screw up for the first time under the bus as fast as you can, I couldnt imagine anyone wanting to share a foxhole with you!!:rofl:
    What are you talking about?
    These soldiers murdered non-combatants!!!! Who is throwing anyone under the bus? You commmit murder you should go straight to prison...do not pass go. I would have MMM's back in combat anyday.
    You are acting like they are giving the death penalty to a guy who was late to work.

I have never heard so much bitching about the government doing the right thing.
    You can only have too much ammo if you are on fire or swimming....

Quote Originally Posted by texascop2 View Post
    What are you talking about?
    its ok TC, i still love you man!!:happy0001:
    Have Ammo?? Lets Party!! and "When basic morality and legal principal give you a green light to shoot the S-CKER, its probably a good idea to shoot the S-CKER!!"

Quote Originally Posted by texas skeeter View Post
    If they plan to commit murder, then they had better hope I am not around...

And while it's whimsical to hear your ramblings Skeet, I do have firsthand experience with the military justice system. I have actually put individuals behind bars for the acts they committed while in uniform, and I've also put a fair number of them on the other side of the gate. Each and every one of them got what they deserved, and quickly. The evidence is reviewed by a JAG before charges are ever filed, much like I saw done with the individual we arrested a few weeks ago during my ride-along with the SAPD. A DA was on duty at the courthouse to review the information as soon as they were brought in for processing. I was impressed by that system as it always helped expedite the process, as well as ensure only solid cases were brought forward.

But in the end it was my decision as a commander as to who would be charged. I even disagreed with the JAG on several cases, but since it was my call, the charges were made and every one of them stuck. I am a firm believer in "the system" as I have seen how well it works in the overwhelming majority of cases.

I have no doubt that these individuals are guilty as charged, if simply because they were charged. I have absolutely zero tolerance for such actions, as do pratically all in uniform; but there are always a select few that don't quite "get it" and end up like this misguided soldiers. I hope they spend their extended stay in Federal jail contemplating the consequences of what they did...

Cheers! M2

I have absolutely zero tolerance for such actions, as do pratically all in uniform;
    obviously you know most of my comments to you are sarcasm!!:happy0001: but that being said, i FULLY respect and agree with your above post and RESPECT your service for our country. i too believe any soldier who commits any unlawful act and found guilty should be punished to the fullest extent for what they did. my ONLY gripe in this thread at least, is that civi's get a laxed system of justice that takes FOREVER to get sentenced and the system sucks for allowing that. cause swift justice should happen equally is all i was trying to get at......

Oh, my bad, if your intent was to mock the slowness of many civilian courts, then I'd have to agree with ya...

And I wish they were as effective as military courts as well. The police officer that was recently killed by the suspected drunk driver the week before last, well, that guy was still on probation from a driving while intoxicated conviction back in September of last year. He accepted a plea deal, and the judge placed him on probation for one year! The judge also ordered an ignition interlock device be placed on his vehicle. But sources told News 4 WOAI Baldaramos had the device placed on his motorcycle, not the SUV he was driving at the time of the crash.

As far as I am concerned, he should still be in jail for his DWI conviction from September. That way, we'd still have a fine young police officer among us, and he wouldn't have orphaned a little girl!

Oh, my bad, if your intent was to mock the slowness of many civilian courts, then I'd have to agree with ya...
    Now you're understanding my way of thinking!!:lol: im not angry at the military for charging those soldiers swiftly, im angry it happens to them and not civi's. i guess i could have worded it a lil better....:happy0001:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast