Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    SpaceCowboy/GangstaOfLuv Mexican_Hippie's Avatar

Rant: NO SOLICITING

Quit friggin' coming to my door to sell me stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I want something I'll call you.

So I'm working at home today and I'm on a conference call. I hear my doorbell ring and walk to the front door. I see a guy w/ a clipboard from some company I haven't hear of. We ignore him and go about our business. He starts knocking. Its pissing me off, but I think maybe I have a broken sprinkler head or something he's pointing out.

I finally go open the door, and he starts in on his sales spiel. I stop him and point out the NO SOLICITING sign. He says, "I saw that but..." That's when I stop him and tell him he's free to leave my porch.

He saw it but????? But he doesn't give a crap and doesn't respect my wishes on my own property. That's the bottom line. I don't want people ringing my doorbell while I'm working at home.

What do I gotta do to make it real plain that I don't want to receive salespeople at my door? Maybe I need to upgrade my sign to one like one of these?

The best way to secure and extend your rights is to take someone shooting.

You MIGHT want to add to the bottom of the No Soliciting this: Don't knock unless you are a KNOCK-OUT!

I am a single Army Captian, its Sat afternoon, just finished mowing the lawn on a HOT afternoon. I am sitting in the cool AC just popped a cold one. Who the hell is that knocking at my door? I go and she is a senior at UT Austin and she has some part time job selling I forgot what. I am the last ranch on this road, its about 3:30 and I am her last call for the day. Eyes lock, I offer her a beer, I didn't buy what she was selling, by I took what she was giving...
    Don
    Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Life Member: NRA, Texas State Rifle Association and H.O.G

ArmaLite AR10 T

Mosted Hated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Cowboy View Post

I am a single Army Captian, its Sat afternoon, just finished mowing the lawn on a HOT afternoon. I am sitting in the cool AC just popped a cold one. Who the hell is that knocking at my door? I go and she is a senior at UT Austin and she has some part time job selling I forgot what. I am the last ranch on this road, its about 3:30 and I am her last call for the day. Eyes lock, I offer her a beer, I didn't buy what she was selling, by I took what she was giving...
    haahaahaa, we must of read the same issue of Penthouse
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by txinvestigator View Post
    haahaahaa, we must of read the same issue of Penthouse
    That is not a Penthouse story....
    Don
    Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Life Member: NRA, Texas State Rifle Association and H.O.G

ArmaLite AR10 T

What if i'm selling something you don't know you want yet?

Re: Rant: NO SOLICITING

Quote Originally Posted by Jakashh View Post
    What if i'm selling something you don't know you want yet?
    Sooo many places I could take that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    "I am quota"

Luckily I live out in the middle of nowhere and don't get door to door salesman (or college age women for those of you with magazine subscriptions).

But I would suggest something similar to what I do to those wonderful telemarketers who are for some reason allowed to call me even though I'm on that don't call me list.

For your solicitor, be polite and tell them, hang on just a second. I'm on the phone and I'll be right back. Leave them standing on the porch for as long as you feel like. If they haven't left after 15 or 20 minutes, go open the door again and apologize. Sorry, I forgot you were here. I got caught up in the phone conversation. Let me go get off the phone real quick. Hang on just a second.... And leave them standing on the porch again.

Your neighbors should thank you for this since you're keeping the salesman off their porch. I do the same with telemarketers except I say there's someone at the door and lay the phone down. I don't hold it against the poor individual who is just trying to earn a paycheck and likely getting paid very little to put up with rude individuals who don't like to be bothered. It's a win-win-win. They're still on the clock doing what they do, they're not really bothering me too much, and they're not bothering someone else while they're waiting on my return.
    Chris

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” Will Rogers

I remember one time I was working as a telemarketer for the L.A.Times Newspaper. One of the numbers I dialed from the list they gave me was a payphone. I ended up selling a subscription to the person that answered.

Mosted Hated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Cowboy View Post
    That is not a Penthouse story....
    Lol. Whatever gets you through the day.
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast