Texas Gun Forum Ad

Amazon Has Joined the Borg

Went to Amazon.com to look for that Kindle gun smithing book that folks here had been posting about and found this (at the time) being hustled on their home page:
    Amazon.com: President Barack Obama: The Kindle Singles Interview (Kindle Single) eBook: David Blum: Kindle Store
    Certainly made me question all the money I'd dumped on them over the years, and maybe I should start looking for an alternative.
    So while stumbling around the web, feeling somewhat used and abused and betrayed, I found this article by Victor Hansen that I thought reflected my thoughts somewhat. No answers, just affirmation.
    Works and Days ยป Life in the Twilight
    So now I take a deep breath and wade back into the fight. What else can you do?

They sell books. The ones they get the biggest kickback from, they push the hardest. I get ads from them all the time, and if you buy a book, then you get bombarded with similar stuff. Gotta take the good with the bad.

I'd much rather buy from Amazon - which stays fairly neutral and is extremely well organized - than from Barnes & Noble, which is a big supporter of the Commie-in-Chief and is completely screwed up organization-wise.

I'm so sick of these.pinkos. especially the dudes.with all the hair gel. I always wanna give them a nuggie and $#@! up their hair.

Sorry, but when I was in Bosnia, Amazon.com would send items over priority mail at no extra cost simply based on my APO address. I was literally getting books a couple of days after ordering them, probably faster than people in the States. I've always appreciated that, and continue to be a loyal customer today.

That said, I thought the Obama interview book was a bit hookey!

Still, they do offer a lot of free books and movies; and I hate Apple so much! Their damn DRM software that won't allow a customer who buys anything off of iTunes to be played in anything other than an Apple product is proof that they're the biggest scams out there.

I am surrounded by iJunk lovers, but it will be a cold day in hell before you see one of their products in my hand; unless of course I am tossing it off a cliff!
    When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier!

I appreciate the opinions. Nice to hear that Amazon was there for our troops.
    Guess I'll simmer down. Just tired of Obama getting a free pass to blow smoke up our rear ends.