Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK semi auto

AK semi auto

anyone know where i can buy a Bulgarian SLR-95, SLR-96 or SA-93 in Houston? thanks a bunch.

I don't know if you're intent on buying local, but I saved well over $100 buying online. I'd suggest AIMsurplus or Classicarms if you're willing to wait a few days.

buy online,you'll save a lot....or find a local small FFL. most store front guys really bend people over nowadays
    Paul
    "Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14

Quote Originally Posted by Adionik View Post
    I don't know if you're intent on buying local, but I saved well over $100 buying online. I'd suggest AIMsurplus or Classicarms if you're willing to wait a few days.
    Buying online, paying shipping and FFL fees will save you some. Pruitt's and Fountain's stock locally at a higher price and you pay sales tax and get instant gratification. Gunshows tend to be cheaper but you pay for getting there (gas), parking and admission plus the jerky you buy that tastes like old shoe leather.

Maybe you can do the math on those choices. I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by WB5MHA View Post
    Buying online, paying shipping and FFL fees will save you some. Pruitt's and Fountain's stock locally at a higher price and you pay sales tax and get instant gratification. Gunshows tend to be cheaper but you pay for getting there (gas), parking and admission plus the jerky you buy that tastes like old shoe leather.

Maybe you can do the math on those choices. I can't.
    Well, I went to the gun shop yesterday and the same M70 I paid $469 + $20 FFL = $489 OTD....was $699

The Mosin that was $69 though, after $25 shipping and $20 FFL will NOT be cheaper...so i'll buy that in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Adionik View Post
    Well, I went to the gun shop yesterday and the same M70 I paid $469 + $20 FFL = $489 OTD....was $699

The Mosin that was $69 though, after $25 shipping and $20 FFL will NOT be cheaper...so i'll buy that in person.
    Exactly! The more expensive the gun the more internet ordering makes sense. When you buy a 69 dollar Mosin the shipping and FFL charge may be 50% of the gun's price. During the past year I bought two Colts that were around a thousand dollars each online. Shipping plus FFL was 50-60. Sales tax alone, assuming the same price, is at least 85 bucks.

There ARE times when collector grade firearms are mispriced on the low side at a local gun dealer. Be ready to jump on those with a credit card or some handy cash.

I know this thread is a month old, but I have one if you're still interested. Its an Arsenal Bulgarian Milled SLR-95 AK-47.

Five-O what you looking to get out off it, if he doesnt want it i might.
    You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas. -Davy Crockett

You can have my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands.

When Reagan was in office we had Bob Hope, Johnny Paycheck and Johnny Cash,
    With Obama in office we have NO Hope, NO paycheck and NO cash.

http://www.gofundme.com/5lor2c

Y'all wanna share where you're finding these $69 Mosins around here?!?

Yes sir where are those 69.00 dollar Mosins, the cheapest I have seen is 99.95 at Gander when thy are put on sale.
    Familys that shoot together have good fields of cover fire.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty, suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately nothing will preserve it but downright force. whenever you give up that force,
    you are inevitably ruined.

( Patrick Henry )

The present Constitution is the standard in which we are all to cling.
    Under it's Banners, Bona Fide we must combat our political foe's.
    (Alexander Hamilton)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast