Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TKG

Best Subsonic 22

I've been on the hunt for the best subsonic 22 ammo. I've mainly been buying in town, so my selection hasn't been great. From what I've found so far. Remington is the most available and cycles fine in my 10/22 and P22. Aguila SE is super quiet, but does have some cycling problems. I've also heard that the casing they use jams up supressor even faster than regular 22. Can anyone confirm this? I'm about to order a mix of ammo from Midway to try to find the perfect load. I love the quietness of the Aguila, but don't feel like pulling the can apart all the time. The ones I'm looking at are:

CCI Subsonic HP
    CCI Quick Shok Subsonic
    Fiocchi Subsonic
    Winchester Super X Subsonic

Does anyone have any experience with any of those or any other recomendations? I wish they still made PMC Moderator.

At the end of a gravel road, past two cattleguards

Re: Best Subsonic 22

IMO, buy the Wolf Match extra if you are looking for accuracy. CCI standard velocity for plinking.

I use these four, all are subsonic in my rifle. I shoot the CCI in a SIG Mosquito with theaded suppressor.
    - Winchester subsonic. It has the 40 grain truncated bullet. Found it once at the Bass Pro Shop in Pearland. I like it.
    -Wolf Match Extra is excellent and is extremely accurate. 40 grain round nose, well lubricated. I think RWS in Germany makes it. Bought it from MidWay
    I also shoot Lapua subsonic made in Germany. Info is in German and metric. Also from Midway.
    -CCI standard velocity. It has a 40 grain bullet.

Avoid Aguila. Very dirty powder IMO. I have a thousand rounds of 60 grain I wish I had not bought it.

My go to .22 rifle is a CZ 452-2E. It is the bolt .22 with factory 16" threaded barrel. Bought it last fall. Hollywood quiet suppressed with subsonics. I need to lighten the trigger but cloverleaf groups at 50 yards are easy. Scope is a Leupold VXII 3x9 EFR which is adjustable for short range parallax. I have four of them, mounted on .22 and Pre-charged pneumatic high-end Airguns.

Have fun,
    RFA

LJH

I currently run Winchester Super X, it does on rare occasion go super from my bolt action. Works as it should in everything from a Mosquito to a 10/22. Eley makes a nice subsonic that works great, but it cost an arm and a leg.

I have run Remington SS, iregularlyry goes super in the same bolt rifle, other than that its is good. Keep away from the Aguila, its dirty, stinky, and experienceded baffle strikes.
    Sig no more

I really like the CCI subsonic stuff. Its clean, quiet and runs flawlessly in my buckmark.

I have a brick of gem tech. It had better be gold for what it cost.
    http://www.TexasNFATrust.com

http://www.TexasGunTrust.com

Providing Family, Criminal and Personal Injury Law Services in the Houston Area since 1998.

NFA ownership counseling - Trust preparation, Corporation & LLC formation, Assistance with BATFE Forms

S & M Arms, LLC, Type 07 Manufacturer & Dealer

TKG

Gem tech makes ammo?

TKG

Just looked up the Gemtech ammo. $45/Brick isn't terrible, I just bought a brick of Remington at Academy and it was about $35. I may have to give it a try.

All normal .22lr is subsonic......

ETA: but it can be really close to the edge, lol.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

"An eagle doesn't need to show his talons..."

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Aguila SE is super quiet, but does have some cycling problems. I've also heard that the casing they use jams up supressor even faster than regular 22.
    Jams up supressor? What does that mean?

BTW, as stated above, I run CCI Standard Velocity and it is subsonic is all of my guns. Very reliable and accurate for me.

-Randy
    You don't need to get ready if you stay ready.

LJH

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    All normal .22lr is subsonic......

ETA: but it can be really close to the edge, lol.
    Perhaps out of a 4" pistol, not so out of a rifle.
    Sig no more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast