Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CHL and The State Fair of Texas?

Is it legal to carry at the fair? Will I get to the gate from parking a mile away and find the 30.06 sign?

Also, some of the parking lots are linked to the fair by DART train. Is it legal to carry on a DART train?
    Hope and Change = Bait and Switch

Mosted Hated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Is it legal to carry at the fair? Will I get to the gate from parking a mile away and find the 30.06 sign?

Also, some of the parking lots are linked to the fair by DART train. Is it legal to carry on a DART train?
    The state fair is owned by the City of Dallas. NO 30.06 is posted, and it would be invalid if it was posted.

You will need to show your CHL to the person with the metal detector wand.

AS far as DART, are DART buses listed in the penal code as off limit places?
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

I'll be carrying at the Tri-State Fair tomorrow night here in Amarillo. The Potter County Sheriff's Department does the security and all you have to do is show your CHL and they'll let you in.
    "HK shouldn't make a 1911 style gun. They may accidentally make a reliable 1911 that can get dirty and still function just fine."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ YALL!

Banned

My friend,

I know the answer to the question I am about to ask but I thought it necessary to ask for the benefit of others so please do not chastise me for asking...LOL

If the city of Dallas owns the state fair, why would a 30.06 sign if posted be invalid?

Quote Originally Posted by txinvestigator View Post
    The state fair is owned by the City of Dallas. NO 30.06 is posted, and it would be invalid if it was posted.

You will need to show your CHL to the person with the metal detector wand.

AS far as DART, are DART buses listed in the penal code as off limit places?

Quote Originally Posted by APatriot View Post
    I know the answer to the question I am about to ask but I thought it necessary to ask for the benefit of others so please do not chastise me for asking...LOL

If the city of Dallas owns the state fair, why would a 30.06 sign if posted be invalid?
    Cities cannot trump the state law for CHL. I just didn't know who owned the property for the state fair. It's a bad neighborhood and I'm glad I have my CHL if we go. One of my kids has the swine flu and we may skip the fair this year.

Fair Parks not a bad neighbor hood!
    Just ask the folks that hold shoot outs over there every night, they can tell ya! Safe place as long as your armed!!!! - LOL!
    The Republic of Texas Not just a state but an attitude!:texas:
    Liberals are like Slinky's - not good for anything but will bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs:happy0001:

For more Texas meets come by http://texasgunowner.com/forum/cities-towns/

Mosted Hated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Cities cannot trump the state law for CHL. I just didn't know who owned the property for the state fair. It's a bad neighborhood and I'm glad I have my CHL if we go. One of my kids has the swine flu and we may skip the fair this year.
    There is no "trumping" and there ARE locations that a city can post 30.06 and be valid.

30.06 states that it is an exception to 30.06 if the property is owned or leased by a government entity.

However, meetings of a government entity ARE off limits if 30.06 posted.
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

isnt the fair considered an amusement park and therefor off limits?

Simple solution needed 25 years ago, move Fair Park to Arlington a little West of the Arlington Cowboy's Stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by ls6tt View Post
    isnt the fair considered an amusement park and therefor off limits?
    Amusement park is defined as a permanent facility that is open to the public more than 120days/year. There are other requirements, but that rules out the fair as an amusement park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast