Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Last year while out hunting on some BLM land near Byers I was walking the vegatation line right along the Red River and I came up on some big cat tracks and whereever it was going it was going in a hurry. Anyone who says there arent mountain lions in North TX is crazy... crazy, crazy...
    Welcome to Texas! The only State to ever stomp another country's butt. :texas:
    "Dulcius ex Asperis":fighting0002:

dee
    I have friends that had a trap near the Red River and went to check it one morning and found a dead deer in it with marks on the neck area. Well they set up a game camera and had pics of a Mountain Lion eating the deer only this time when the cat was done it partially buried the deer.
    Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
    John Wayne

I heard about a cat caught up there, but not near that much detail. I wonder if it is true or if the story is just growing.

A black Panther is just a jaguar without the spots. And the Jaguar used to roam from south America to the Mid West Or something like that, they are rare but in fact it is possible. I have never seen one but I have heard to many accounts from sane sober people to think they aren't real. It is a pigment over abundance I think. anyway I've only seen two real mountain lions in the wild one scared the ever living hell out of me and the other got the same but in reverse he/she showed up to a yote call and saw me and bolted when I tried to get into position for a shot.
    "Scars remind us where we've been, but they don't have to dictate where we're going."-Criminal Minds

Jaguars are supposedly moving back into Texas from Mexico. It'd be nice to have a predator capable of killing hogs. It takes a pack of coyotes to corral a hog.
    http://www.subaruwrxsti.org - Subaru WRX STI Information and Tuning Resource
    http://www.vikingspeedshop.com - Tuning Parts for Subarus and others.

I've heard that. I've also read a report by TPW that black bears are moving back home as well. I't would be nice to get some of our native preditors back if nothing else just for population control on the pigs. LOL
    "Scars remind us where we've been, but they don't have to dictate where we're going."-Criminal Minds

Don't make an Idaho mistake and reintroduce the wolf. Idaho imported an Alaskan wolf and it sport hunts elk, cougar, deer, etc. Devasting our game animals. Bad juju. Most ranchers practice the three S's when/if they see one. Shoot/Shovel/Shut-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawghauler View Post
    Don't make an Idaho mistake and reintroduce the wolf. Idaho imported an Alaskan wolf and it sport hunts elk, cougar, deer, etc. Devasting our game animals. Bad juju. Most ranchers practice the three S's when/if they see one. Shoot/Shovel/Shut-up.

Sometimes its hard for some people to do this... Jsut like the dumb asses who shot the deer in Lucy Park here in Wichita Falls. Poaching is bad, but if you do it, STFU...
    Welcome to Texas! The only State to ever stomp another country's butt. :texas:
    "Dulcius ex Asperis":fighting0002:

Here is the response from TPWD about the panther rumor...

"None of our Collin County game wardens are aware of this event. If you can provide additional details, I will be happy to pass them along."

steve.lightfoot@tpwd.state.tx.us

Huh so I wonder if it was a hoax or if TPWD is trying to keep it hush hush.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast