• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Did this nice little ride with my wife yesterday.
    aa6227567e82959e8d3bc0cdbd645e64.jpg

Low average speed, but my goal was volume. Stopped at Free Roam for beer after.
    DK Firearms

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Did this nice little ride with my wife yesterday.
    aa6227567e82959e8d3bc0cdbd645e64.jpg

Low average speed, but my goal was volume. Stopped at Free Roam for beer after.
    I'd say that was a good ride. Started out on my normal 5 mile in neighborhood streets, nice day for a ride. It seemed like everyone was out to get me so I cut it short, 4 miles.

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    I try to ride three times a week alternating with an hour on my rowing machine the other days. Road bike is a Synapse 105 of 2012 vintage, mountainish bike is a Cannondale F4 of 2009 vintage. For bad days I have an upright Schwinn stationary.

I do an hour or so a ride, less concerned about mileage.

Being new to Texas and Williamson County I'm still looking for decent and safe places to ride. Mostly doing road rides in Hutto, with trips to Old Settlers Park. I plan to take the F4 to Brushy Creek Trail for a ride.

Where we used to live we were 10 minutes from a state park with all sorts of trails to hike or ride. I hope to find something similar here.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Stepson and grandson came to visit, loaded the bicycles in his truck. Went to George Bush Park through the Constable's parking lot on I-10 feeder. Nice day for a ride, went about 10 miles through the paved path, crossing over water that breeched the banks. A few spots the water was up to the pedals and moving pretty fast, once I got into the water there was no stopping. It was hard pedaling that big fat tire bike. At the halfway point there were signs saying high water. We pushed on but came to a stretch were we didn't see dry land ahead. That's when we turned around, with the wind on my back I pushed that heavy 60 lb bike to 14.3 mph. Over all a fun day, lots of sun, wife went too with her Huffy bike. Stepson still has his single speed bicycle from when he was a kid, one of those bikes he can jump with. Grandson had his single speed bike.

Top Bottom