• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I hope I'm not too far off the subject, but I work with a guy that has a RX7 with a turbo SBC in it that runs pretty good.

Cool! My good friend has a FD (mid 90's) RX7 with a mildly built LS1 in it. I believe it dyno'd something like 430whp. Fun car to say the least. Even crazier than that, the same friend has a S13 ('89 I think) 240sx that is completely gutted, built, big cam LS1, and lightened wherever possible. The car put down 460whp n/a, though the intake was stock so there was another 20-30+whp there. The sweet thing, the car WITH the LS1 weighed 2455lbs wet! ;) That thing is stupid fast.

Here are a couple of vids of my friend's 240sx:

More of the car:
    http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/fo...ID=bae97644b20cb4c33612274302d14447&topic=7.0

It looks like a beater to most people, but the thing runs like the proverbial raped ape. ;)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Aaron's LS1 S13 sounds freaking good too.

Yep, his friend made him a set of custom equal length tubular headers, which is the primary reason it sounds so good. None of that lumpy, crappy, normal v8 sound that sounds like it's a beater 80's Chevy truck with holes in the exhaust or something. ;) Oh yeah, and the 290 or 300 degree (forget which but, it's BIG) cam also helps out. lol

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yep, his friend made him a set of custom equal length tubular headers, which is the primary reason it sounds so good. None of that lumpy, crappy, normal v8 sound that sounds like it's a beater 80's Chevy truck with holes in the exhaust or something. ;) Oh yeah, and the 290 or 300 degree (forget which but, it's BIG) cam also helps out. lol

Yeah, I think it's easy for us to lose sight of a beautiful V8 sound when every other truck has boomer tips and other cheap crap. A good muffler and a well designed exhaust makes a V8 sound awesome.

The 3v and 4v Mustangs sound good too. The 2vs have a tendency to sound kinda hollow, but I've heard some aftermarket stuff on them that makes them sound real sharp.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom