• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Stopped by 80% Arms website over the weekend, it's been a while so thought I would look around. They were out of all the jigs. Is business that good or other fed related factors happening here too?
    Venture Surplus ad

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Election year?

I don't know these sites google gave me- if it's zelle, run like hell

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Unless I got mixed up, I've purchased from them before. They had a really nice and well thought out system for the AR15 platform. I was there curious about the AR308.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Hmmm... guess I have more homework then. I thought my jig was developed and marketed by the same company.

olddirtygerm

Awesome
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Hmmm... guess I have more homework then. I thought my jig was developed and marketed by the same company.

Blackhawk Manufacturing Group is 80% Arms, but they also own the name 5D tactical. I've heard they are a reseller of those jigs but maybe Blackhawk makes them.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Election year?

I don't know these sites google gave me- if it's zelle, run like hell

Easy Jig is the one I have. Seems like they didn't have the multi-platform back then, only the AR-15 and AR-10 jigs. I looked up my records and all points back to 80% arms. At the time it had the best reviews I could find.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    did some more research on this; apparently the anti-constitution party passed some laws that are currently under review by SCOTUS that affect selling the recently concocted genre of ghost gun, "kits". If I'm reading it correctly, suppliers cannot (or hesitant to) sell jig kits and gun parts (anything that ATF wants to construe as a gun kit) from from the same store. I believe the leftist logic behind it is to herd everything into a national gun registry. My guess is the only thing standing in the way of ths national registry is "ghost guns" and "gun show loop hole". I honestly thought that SCOTUS had settled this jig kit issue but apparently it's still going on.

https://www.modulusarms.com/ is the source I was given for 80% Arms Easy Jigs.

olddirtygerm

Awesome
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2018
    Fort Worth
    did some more research on this; apparently the anti-constitution party passed some laws that are currently under review by SCOTUS that affect selling the recently concocted genre of ghost gun, "kits". If I'm reading it correctly, suppliers cannot (or hesitant to) sell jig kits and gun parts (anything that ATF wants to construe as a gun kit) from from the same store. I believe the leftist logic behind it is to herd everything into a national gun registry. My guess is the only thing standing in the way of ths national registry is "ghost guns" and "gun show loop hole". I honestly thought that SCOTUS had settled this jig kit issue but apparently it's still going on.

https://www.modulusarms.com/ is the source I was given for 80% Arms Easy Jigs.
    The big 80% issue currently is not the kits. Jigs are obtainable still. Big issue for 80%'s is the ATF frame/receiver rule the is pending before the supreme court. 5th circuit put a stay on the rule but SCOTUS let the rule take effect while it is before the courts. Rule really only impacts 80% handguns as the rule is pretty clear on AR's. So for 80% Arms they can't currently sell their GST-9 and for Polymer 80 they can't most of their product line.

Top Bottom