ASaltRifle.jpg

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Thanks for starting this topic, jimbo.

If I may I would like to bring in a number of similar discussions I have posted elsewhere on this forum. It seems that 2024 is going to be a 'dog pile' of so-called assault weapon bans in many states.

First up IL gun ban that almost nobody is obeying. Followed by stories about MN, HI, CO copycat approach to IL. This furthers a very disturbing trend where state after state, is now hellbent on getting their assault weapon ban passed before the Supreme Court strikes down all of them next summer.

And why SCOTUS needs to put up or shut up about all these bans on firearms.

Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    And let's not leave out the Old Dominion state. Passed VA General Assembly but governor might veto (Glen Youngkin) who has higher office interest. He won a surprising takeover of governor's office in last election.

Followed by the Keystone state (the list goes on and on)

Do we see a trend? So much effort at civilian disarmament which we can hope SCOTUS will strike down these laws.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    And let's not leave out the Old Dominion state. Passed VA General Assembly but governor might veto (Glen Youngkin) who has higher office interest. He won a surprising takeover of governor's office in last election.

Followed by the Keystone state (the list goes on and on)

Do we see a trend? So much effort at civilian disarmament which we can hope SCOTUS will strike down these laws.

And let's not leave out WA state and dear comrade Inslee. Bans ARs and AKs but 60 other popular semi autos.POS state. Banned the M1A that I bought there back in the day.

Top Bottom