• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    McBrides has shut down the reloading. The couple I knew in Cedar Park and a guy who used to sell out of his home are no more.
    I'd just like to pick up some powder for pistol ammo plus primers if not priced stupid.
    Powders like AA#7 & #9, Li'l Gun, Blue Dot, etc.
    Anyone?
    ARJ Defense ad

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Pretty much most of the stores I've been in are depleted outside the big box stores mentioned above. I saw lil gun at Bass Pro in RR about 2 weeks ago for $39.99 a pound. They had several other powders, but that was the only pistol powder that I needed and paid any attention to.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Murdochs, that’s it.

I haven’t been, can’t seem to motivate my butt to travel that far north outside of temple when I go on their website and see powder is out of stock.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    There’s a guy in Austin sellling AA#5 at an excellent price. Check to ads. Good guy. I bought a jug from him.

Right here:

trinan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2020
    Austin Area
    Are any gun shows better/worse about having components? It's about to become a nightmare to mail order ammo and flammable bits without sending an ID scan to whoever (Wideners seems to be latest to fall).

A Texas Girl and Her Gun in Liberty Hill used to have a good selection of powder, but they've since closed.

I'm new to Texas, and haven't been to any gun shows yet, so wondering which ones are worth the drive. Even, I hate to say it, if it's San Antonio/Houston/DFW.

Last edited:

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Are any gun shows better/worse about having components? It's about to become a nightmare to mail order ammo and flammable bits without sending an ID scan to whoever (Wideners seems to be latest to fall).

A Texas Girl and Her Gun in Liberty Hill used to have a good selection of powder, but they've since closed.

I'm new to Texas, and haven't been to any gun shows yet, so wondering which ones are worth the drive. Even, I hate to say it, if it's San Antonio/Houston/DFW.

Yeah the place in liberty hill was nice, they’ve retired. Murdochs in Killeen sells powder.

There’s a gun show coming up in belton this weekend. Dunno what’s going to be there.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    I'm always happy to let reloaders in the area piggyback on my commercial orders where it is possible and makes sense. Just requires planning and the willingness to take commercial quantities, i.e. stuff comes in cases and you can't split it.

Jkm03

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    Texas
    I have an inventory of various reloading supplies I am looking to sell (just haven’t gotten very organized about it). Message me what you’re looking for and I can see what I have.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    At the last gunshow I attended in Taylor it was slim pickens. One guy had an 8lb jug of 30 year old powder for what was current gun broker pricing. Primers at 200$/k and also old stock. Occasionally there's someone unloading things at reasonable prices but it's a total crap shoot. Definitely better off horse trading here or looking at the other tgt.

Just realized this is a year old thread. Lol

Top Bottom