.45colt
    .357mag
    .38spl
    .22wmr
    .22lr
    not pictured… .22short

there used to be many more

View attachment 447772
    That's a decent short list. So, what did you give up, as that's still pretty extensive?
    My list is pretty similar. I only do 12 ga in shotgun, also have .45LC for pistol, have some .30-30 and don't want to give that up.
    I never really did a "consolidation", but tried to buy firearms that I already used ammo for to limit the growth.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    In the last three years I’ve eliminated:
    32ACP
    M1 carbine .30 cal
    30-06
    16 gauge
    and
    20 gauge.
    old-man-sad.gif

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    At my age I should probably be downsizing and consolidating, but I just can't get myself to part with anything. Then I wonder if I will be able to sell it off after the new rule kicks in next month.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    That's a decent short list. So, what did you give up, as that's still pretty extensive?
    My list is pretty similar. I only do 12 ga in shotgun, also have .45LC for pistol, have some .30-30 and don't want to give that up.
    I never really did a "consolidation", but tried to buy firearms that I already used ammo for to limit the growth.
    .32acp
    .380acp
    .32 H&R mag
    .44mag

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    As I see it today, I could and probably should consolidate down to just…

.22LR
    9MM
    .223/5.56
    12 gauge

But……………

I really cannot logically justify my decision to retain .40, .45, and 10MM but I could justify one of them. But which????

.357 is just a range toy for me. I could probably get rid of that cartridge fast…except I want a .357 lever gun…(want, not need).

Gotta keep 20 gauge shotguns for the kids…

.308 and 7.36*39…maybe just keep the .308?

Hunting rifles are a discussion for another day…

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    You can always GIFT something to a beloved family member, to a close and trusted friend or to a shooting club or your gun range while you are STILL ALIVE and not just give a gun, knife or anything else to a person AFTER YOU DIE if it is in your WILL.

(Some people have gun trusts too. I or we do not have gun trusts.)

We have gifted some firearms to VERY SPECIFIC people and to our own gun range out here over the years.

I never had children with my late husband. We were only married to one another. NO previous marriage.

My OLDER brother by 9 years and my older sister by almost 5 years did not want any of my firearms. I was willing to ship them from my FFL man to an FFL in their specific 2 states but it never happened when it came to 'my firearms'.

Old Lady Cate

PS: I know some people who have grandchildren and even those 'kids' don't want firearms, knives, camping gear, nice household goods, sail or power boats, fishing/hunting gear, swimming related items, BOOKS, etc.

They were EXPOSED to them and they are not anti gun or anti knife - they just don't care about them as a hobby or sport or even for self defense.

Many of them live in RURAL areas so they do not live only in suburban or city areas ALL over the country.

Their INTERESTS lean into electronic things and other subject matters. To each their own is my MOTTO.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I need to consolidate calibers....but it may involve adding a few. Currently, my only centerfire rifle caliber is .303British. I need to find a CF rifle in a caliber that I can afford to practice with more often, but has sufficient power to be a general-purpose rifle. Looking at either .300BLK or .308NATO for that....

I also want to get into a .380ACP pistol for pocket carry. My hand is starting to give me issues when I shoot my GX4 in 9mm, though .38Spl isn't a problem in my steel-frame 856. I really don't want anything smaller than a P365/GX4....the LCP Max just doesn't have enough grip for me to control. Hopefully, Taurus comes out with a GX4 in .380 soon. I'd hate to have to pay the SIG price tag....

In fact, I'm not sure I'll stay with 9mm at all. It seems to be the caliber I enjoy the least, compared to .38Spl and .45ACP. About the only reasons I keep it around is that I have a good stock of 9mm ammo in reserve, and it's cheap for practice. Maybe I need a 9mm PCC to convince me of its usefulness.....

Top Bottom