Juice from ½ lemon + zest

2 small tomatoes – rough chop
    1 bell pepper - chopped
    ½-1/3 sweet yellow onion – chopped
    4 tbsp Butter
    Monterrey Jack cheese – shredded
    Tortillas

Bake at 300 for 45 minutes

Combine spices to make rub, crush together using mortar & pestle. Lightly sprinkle rub onto chicken first, then mix together. On low, melt butter in small pan, add in minced garlic, lemon juice and zest. Pour butter mixture into leftover rub to make a thick sauce. Dip each piece of chicken into rub sauce, add in some additional butter if needed towards the end. Place into baking dish and top with about 1 tbsp of thinly sliced butter (randomly placed all over). In a pan heat up additional butter, throw in veggies and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Strain veggies with slotted spoon and put on top of chicken. Cover and bake.

When cooked take out of oven, add in a little cheese, put into warm tortilla, and eat. Repeat.

i cook by the seat of my pants. the above recipe is written by an observer (my wife) . be advised i don't usually use measuring spoons / cups often and didn't this time either. give it a shot and take the measurements on the spices "with a grain of salt" ;). i found that i could've used a lot more of the mixture. so ya might want to double the quantities listed. or use a less chicken

i saved the resulting buttery goodness and stuck it in the freezer for future use.

also feel free to substitute butter with bacon or chicken fat.

and add mushrooms! kim doesn't care for them so i hardly cook with em' anymore but it would have been sweeeeet.

MrsWolfwood

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    N/A
    Really? After two days there haven't been any responses? Is everyone waiting to try these out for the holiday? If you are, you shouldn't. These don't require a grill...and were SO much better than any that I've had before...and its not because I'm bias.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    blogs_SpockORLY_4256_924041_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i saved the juice from this and froze it.

day before yesterday i broke it out, and melted it, and cooked some chopped up a couple more chicken breasts in it, (there was a good bit of onion chunks and bellpeppers as well in the leftover sauce) i also had some leftover kielbasa slices, (about a cup of 1/8 inch thick slices) that was getting a little frost bit so i tossed that in there as well.

and while that was cooking made a cup of rice.

when the rice was done i dropped it into the mix. by now the new chicken had added a good bit of juicy-ness and the rice readily soaked all this up.

i took a can of HED diced tomatoes, drained it completely, and tossed that in, (the kind with garlic and onions in with it) a sprinkle of Italian bread crumbs and mixed it all up.

when i started i didnt really know what kidnof dish i was going for, when i was done i had some kickass jambalaya! looking back on it i would have thrown in a bit of tony's but i was out.

was still awesome though. so TxDad, when you try this, save the juice! as you can make all kinds of goodies with it most likely, will taste like you spent all day on it, but the work was done long before hand! ;) ;)

Top Bottom