• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Never had an optic on a pistol, are the Leupold Delta Point Pro any good? Opinions wanted since it's the recommended optic for the M17/M18.
    Lynx Defense

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I had one on an M17. Nice sized window, held zero no problem. Some washout in bright light but overall decent.

For the price, not a lot of features compared to lesser-priced Holosuns which offer more features (color and reticles), similar window but smaller shroud.

Leupold makes a rear sight insert so you can have back up irons but it's expensive at $100+. You can get one from Galloway Precision for $9.50 that serves the same purpose and isn't s bulky.

Assembled on USA, not sure if parts are sourced here?

My buddy had a Trijicon RMR on his M18 and we shot outdoors... the Trijicon had a much better sight picture and less washout (for my eyes at least).

For the price, I'd go with the Trijicon. Not sure where you are but my local Academy has most of these RDS on polymer guns you can hold and view.

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    I had one on an M17. Nice sized window, held zero no problem. Some washout in bright light but overall decent.

For the price, not a lot of features compared to lesser-priced Holosuns which offer more features (color and reticles), similar window but smaller shroud.

Leupold makes a rear sight insert so you can have back up irons but it's expensive at $100+. You can get one from Galloway Precision for $9.50 that serves the same purpose and isn't s bulky.

Assembled on USA, not sure if parts are sourced here?

My buddy had a Trijicon RMR on his M18 and we shot outdoors... the Trijicon had a much better sight picture and less washout (for my eyes at least).

For the price, I'd go with the Trijicon. Not sure where you are but my local Academy has most of these RDS on polymer guns you can hold and view.
    I went with the Delta Point and am fully satisfied with the site picture and the functionality of the red dot. Battery replacement is a breeze, brightness is easily adjusted on the fly. Shake awake eliminates turning it on and firearm is ready for action. Thanks for the heads up on the rear site attachment. I’ll look into it.

007FJ

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Angleton
    I’ve been stuck between the Romeo Pro and Deltapoint myself because I don’t want to pur a plate on it. Swamp Fox has a good rep among friends of mine but that’s RMR and RMRcc body patterns I am fairly certain

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    I am looking into an Holosun 508c and the 507c models. my m17 and m18 will take both of the holosuns without a plate, but you need to order different screws for Sig cause the thread pitch is different for Sig p320.
    the standard pitch for the holosun I believe is 6:32 and sigs take a finer pitch 6:40 I believe. don't quote my sizes but you can ask sig for the right size. an ffl can order them for about $10.00 from an aftermarket distributor.

The sig slide has 2 screw patterns the larger narrow tap is for the DPP, the wider and smaller tap is for other than DPP like Holosun and Trijicon etc.

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    I’ve been stuck between the Romeo Pro and Deltapoint myself because I don’t want to pur a plate on it. Swamp Fox has a good rep among friends of mine but that’s RMR and RMRcc body patterns I am fairly certain
    post #5 is per your comment.

Top Bottom