• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have a Sig 365. It was a little snappy at first, but after 300-400 rounds it has loosened up a bit. Its my EDC.

ULEWZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2023
    Georgetown TX
    I assume you are referring to pistols like the S&W Shield EZ?

My SIL has arthritis in her hands and bought the Shield EZ 9mm because it was easy for her to rack and the magazines were easy to load.

My P365 is still a bit snappy after being broke in (hundreds of rounds shot through it), so I just bought a ShaloTek EDC RMSC Slide, P365XC, Black Nitride, S-365XC-EDC-RMSC-01.

It has a built in compensator, makes the total length now 6.06 in., and the reviews say the pistol now shoots great. I am waiting for mine to be made and shipped, so no on hand reviews from me yet.
    Click pictures for links.

1712157942931.png

1712158271745.png

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I once owned the S&W EZ 9.

Yes, it's slide is very easy to rack.

As time passed, I came to dislike the 'grip safety' and relatively low ammo capacity.

Ultimately, I gave it away to a family member.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I assume you are referring to pistols like the S&W Shield EZ?

My SIL has arthritis in her hands and bought the Shield EZ 9mm because it was easy for her to rack and the magazines were easy to load.

My P365 is still a bit snappy after being broke in (hundreds of rounds shot through it), so I just bought a ShaloTek EDC RMSC Slide, P365XC, Black Nitride, S-365XC-EDC-RMSC-01.

It has a built in compensator, makes the total length now 6.06 in., and the reviews say the pistol now shoots great. I am waiting for mine to be made and shipped, so no on hand reviews from me yet.

View attachment 444504

View attachment 444514
    <>

Wow, that’s one of the best replies & interesting info; THANKS !

<>

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I’ve had and carried both… the SW EZ in 9mm and the Sig 365 in 9mm

they make a .380 in both models too

anyhoo… the bass-akwards SW grip safety (hinge at bottom vs at top like a 1911) made gripping the gun iffy… what I mean is that sometimes the gun wouldn‘t fire because I didn’t actuate the grip safety when I gripped it

got rid of it right away

as for the Sig… I liked it, but finally landed on carrying a Kimber Micro 9 Nightfall. Yes… less capacity, but I prefer it.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I have a 9mm EZ. Works every time, easy to load, easy to rack the slide. Only problem is it shoots low, gonna have to file the front sight at some point. You do have to learn to grip it correctly because of the grip safety. I like it a lot better than the G19 and it's a little more compact.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I bought the S&W EZ in 9mm for my wife who has some difficulty racking most guns, in fact it was the third attempt to find one she could operate easily.
    Her feedback was she liked the easy slide but hated the grip and grip safety.
    I traded it off for something I can't recall.
    She eventually settled on a Hi-Point 9mm in pink camo and loves it. Different strokes I suppose, I can't say, I've never shot it.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Coming from someone who owned a SW EZ it’s a real easy slide to operate and load mags is easy. I just wasn’t a fan of the grip safety or the thumb safety. I eventually sold it. But if you can deal with the safety’s it’s a good gun. I also wish it had more capacity for ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I own and sometime carry both the .380 and 9mm EZ's. They're not for everyone. They are exactly what they are marketed as, easy to load, easy to rack and safe to operate. The grip safety does take a little getting used to. For me it was not an issue. If you have a routinely firm grip it operates as it should. If you soft grip it, I can see it being an issue. I don't hesitate to recommend either version of the pistol. Your experience may differ.

Attachments

• image0(13).jpeg
      image0(13).jpeg
      56.5 KB · Views: 13

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    How “EZ” is it ?

You should check out a gun shop / range where you can rent one. I like my P365 a lot. But it’s not for everyone. Renting a few at a range is a good way to see if it is what you are looking fir.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I tried out an EZ, but wasn't impressed. It was a lot better than the Ruger LCP. (Shoot half a box of ammo through an LCP and you have to soak your hand in an ice bucket.) Once I tried the P365, I found my EDC soul mate.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I’m currently edc-ing a S&W M&P Shield plus. So far I am really happy with it.

Slide isn’t hard to rack & I like the magazine capacity. Has proven accurate with 115 gn jhp ammunition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I bought my wife and my daughter Shield EZs in 9mm. My daughter’s has the thumb safety, my wife’s does not. They both love their pistols. I have shot both and like them ok. My edc is a full sized 1911, so the grip safety was easy for me to get used to, although it is a bit different. The EZ aspect is very EZ. For the money, they are hard to beat.

Top Bottom