• leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

<>

A few years back, I got to talk with one of the survivors of the Bourbon Street shooting incident in which. 21 yo pregnant Girl was killed. The fellow was about 30, was very familiar with guns, a Veteran, & was armed.

He told that he was crossing the street just behind a crowd, at an intersection. First thing he knew, there was a lot of gunfire & folks around him were being hit & downed. He dove for the street, trying to make his target smaller. He said he couldn’t tell where the shooter was and never even had a channce to draw his concealed pistol.

He was uninjured.

So, carrying does offer SOME protection, but certainly no guarantee.

And, as I often say: ‘’N.O. ? Just DON’T GO !’’

leVieux

<>
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

<>

A few years back, I got to talk with one of the survivors of the Bourbon Street shooting incident in which. 21 yo pregnant Girl was killed. The fellow was about 30, was very familiar with guns, a Veteran, & was armed.

He told that he was crossing the street just behind a crowd, at an intersection. First thing he knew, there was a lot of gunfire & folks around him were being hit & downed. He dove for the street, trying to make his target smaller. He said he couldn’t tell where the shooter was and never even had a channce to draw his concealed pistol.

He was uninjured.

So, carrying does offer SOME protection, but certainly no guarantee.

And, as I often say: ‘’N.O. ? Just DON’T GO !’’

leVieux

<>
    carrying isn't a magic shield against bad things happening only that it increases your odds over being un armed! a person still needs to use common sense and situational awareness

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    carrying isn't a magic shield against bad things happening only that it increases your odds over being un armed! a person still needs to use common sense and situational awareness

Carrying gives you options of response to the situation. It's not the solution to every situation.

Also, sometimes there's not a solution.....

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Once it's established a threat exists I will increase my preparedness, that means I'm going to have it in my hand. I'm not a quick draw gun fighter

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    When I worked ATM’s in oak cliff and dallas and had drivers that didn’t watch, my situational awareness evolved. That was the biggest weapon. Other than that you just wait to see if you recognize when a situation allows deadly force. Most bad guys use rifles. I had a Glock. Better than a rock and my cock.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I remember a conversation in Louisiana in which some incident on Bourbon St. was mentioned. Someone said, "Remember when Bourbon St. was safe?" All the locals thought that was extremely funny. It's never been safe.
    <>

Waaaay back in the 1960’s, when I was in Med School, many of the old Bourbon Street clubs started their new/amateur Strippers off around 3:00PM.

They were younger & much prettier than todays tattoo’d chain-smoking, meth-rotten tooth’d hags.

Many pleasant afternoons were spent slow sipping the $4 bar cocktails & watching the young ladies learn to disrobe while gyrating.

And it was safe back then.

leVieux

<>

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I went to Bourbon Street before.
    I won't be back to that **** hole.
    While in the Army Reserves during the early 1980's, my Annual Training was held at University of New Orleans. We were given a briefing on the day we arrived which included a safety warning concerning visiting in the city, most of which concerned Bourbon Street.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Today’s “Bourbon Street’’ is Indian trinket-hawkers, terrible restaurants, drugs, poop on sidewalks, thugs, and rip-off’s.

During my last decade in N.O., I’d tell our visiting houseguests that I’d show them around, walking or bicycling, but refused to go to Bourbon Street.

Everything which once made that Street attractive has been corrupted & ruined.

The City has voted itself into thirdworld-ism.

Leftist media decried “White Flight” to NorthShore, Lafayette, Houston, Austin, etc. . . . . . But now that better classes of Blacks flee along the same paths, those ‘’media’’ are silent.

So, another once-great American City has joined Chicago, San Franciscco, NYC, etc. in democrap Hell.

”N.O.; just DON’T GO !”

leVieux

<>

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    On the flip side- don't lock yourself in your house because there are some bad happenings in the World. You only hear about the problems, not the many days where there are no shootings.

I spent decades on the South side of Chicago and didn't give 2 shits what hoods I drove through. Don't start no shit and there won't be no shit. Biggest fear was hitting some kid in the street and getting jumped for it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    On the flip side- don't lock yourself in your house because there are some bad happenings in the World. You only hear about the problems, not the many days where there are no shootings.

I spent decades on the South side of Chicago and didn't give 2 shits what hoods I drove through. Don't start no shit and there won't be no shit. Biggest fear was hitting some kid in the street and getting jumped for it.
    <>

We noted the opposite while living on the Southern Border @ Brownsville.

Those living in Houston, Dallas, S.A., Austin, etc. hear a “Border horror story’’ several times/year.

We who lived ON the Border heard those horror stories several times a day.

Indeed, our U S Media ignore such travesties as cross Border kidnappings, assassinations, even shootings from across the River, and the nightly auto thefts.

Our media have been coopted and have betrayed us, wholesale !

<>

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom