• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    Pretty decent deal on Savage Stevens- Model 200, bolt sction in .270 winchester.

$169 at Academy on sale right now! Got one for my son yesterday at the McKinney Academy store on 380 and 75, Get em while they are hot!

IMAG0162.jpg
    Texas SOT

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I went with hopes to get one in 7mm-08, they had 2 and both were on hold, they had 5 .270's that were all about to be transferred out. The manager told me he'd sell me one of the .270's but I declined. Oh well, i'm too picky, but it's a heck of a deal for a standard meat maker.

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    I went with hopes to get one in 7mm-08, they had 2 and both were on hold, they had 5 .270's that were all about to be transferred out. The manager told me he'd sell me one of the .270's but I declined. Oh well, i'm too picky, but it's a heck of a deal for a standard meat maker.

I asked the guy what else they had beside that .270 and he told me they just had one other but in .223 and it was $300! Did you go to the McKinney or Sherman store?

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    In my NOTW they had only the .270 and 7mm-08. I was hoping to get one in .243. The kid behind the counter told me that they bought a huge lot of them for a black friday sale. Supposedly they didn't move as well as they had planned so they still had about 6 of them in .270 and a couple of 7mm-08s. I think I may have to go for one of the 7mm-08s and see how well it performs for a budget gun. However, theirs were priced at $179 and did not include scope mounts or rings.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I asked the guy what else they had beside that .270 and he told me they just had one other but in .223 and it was $300! Did you go to the McKinney or Sherman store?
    I went to our local Lubbock store. I used to work at it and have a pretty good understanding with the manager there.
    Thanks for the heads up on the deal, I just got to it too late.

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    @TexMex, which store is NOTW? This one I bought my son was just the bare rifle. No scope or nothin. The scope in the pic is a cheap Tasco I got right there at Academy. They were out of a scope base that would fit it so I went across the street to "mega-low-mart" and they had a two piece aluminum Millet base for 7 bucks! Its a bargain basement set up no doubt but it sure put a smile on my 16 y.o. boys face when he seen it... it might as well have been a Weatherby with a Leupold on it as far as he was concerned!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I went and got their last one in a 7mm-08 yesterday. My closest Academy is at 1431 and 183A but there is another one on 183 near lakeline mall. I experienced the same ring set shortage but I think I'm gonna hunt down a 1 piece mount and take my time picking out a scope for it. Overall, I think it is an excellent buy. It's true, it doesn't have an accu-trigger but who cares. It is nice and lightweight and in the short action cals, the bolt "feels" good. Also found the Rem Core-lokt for only 16.99 a box and since I already reload for a .280(which shoots the same projectile) it was an easy choice. I'll post some targets after I get it dialed in on my T&A thread I started a while back. If anyone is in the market for a budget bolt rifle, this one is worth every penny. BTW partychief, NOTW=neck of the woods.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    it sure put a smile on my 16 y.o. boys face when he seen it... it might as well have been a Weatherby with a Leupold on it as far as he was concerned!

A pat on the back to you, sir! I wish my late father and I had that kind of relationship.
    ===============================================================================================================

I bought one in .270 last June and have nothing but praise for the quality in the rifle. They used their old style stock and pre-accutrigger mechanism but it is all tried, proven design. The barrel is removable with the Savage type big nut assembly. If I had one negative criticism, it would be the color of the stock......Big deal!

I wish that I could find one in 30-06 or .308. I would definitely buy another.

Flash

Top Bottom