• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psssniper

Broke down south of Dallas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2020
    Corsicana
    Glad everything went well for you! Most of 2015 I was feeling tired and had no energy, went in for a treadmill 2016, made it 15 seconds before they pulled me off and laid me down and said you're gonna be ok. But I have a big Alaska trip planned! Went in for stents and doc backed off the anesthesia and said well looks like your Alaska trip is going to be delayed, triple bypass 2/29/16

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    The doctor wanted to address the leg circulation issues before we even look at the heart.

I will be going back in a couple weeks to do the stress tests and assess the hearts condition.

It’s funny when you look back on the little things and they are more important than you give them credit for back then.

For example, back in July I went out to the lake with my brothers family and was swimming off of the dock. I have always been very comfortable and strong swimmer, but that day I felt a little uncomfortable in the water like I was not swimming efficiently. I wrote it off to having a couple beers. I am wondering if that was the initial clue I should’ve paid attention to.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    The doctor wanted to address the leg circulation issues before we even look at the heart.

I will be going back in a couple weeks to do the stress tests and assess the hearts condition.

It’s funny when you look back on the little things and they are more important than you give them credit for back then.

For example, back in July I went out to the lake with my brothers family and was swimming off of the dock. I have always been very comfortable and strong swimmer, but that day I felt a little uncomfortable in the water like I was not swimming efficiently. I wrote it off to having a couple beers. I am wondering if that was the initial clue I should’ve paid attention to.
    Could be. Feb 2023 I was riding my bicycle daily and my left calf was sore one day. I brushed it off and rode another two days. The next day, my leg was swelling and I knew it wasn't good. Off to the emergency room, the staff freaked out and off by ambulance to a specialty hospital. I had a DVT and they had to roto-rooter the vein.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    The stent has to 'grow' in to be stable so restrict major exercise for a while. Had one put in left calf few yrs ago. Woke up during the procedure - heard the doc saying to order blood. After recovery, said they were putting a PM in as heart stopped couple of times. Had to have it rooter'd couple yrs ago.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    You should take it easy for a week to let the arterial access site heal. Not because the stent could move. It's true that it takes a while for the stent to endothelialize. That's why it's important to take the meds the Doc prescribes. A properly sized stent won't move from normal activity. If you don't walk it would be a good idea to get a routine going. Or swimming. Something to stimulate the circulation in your legs. For reasons we don't know the stents in the legs do not have the same success rate as coronary stents. Did you get it done in Round Rock? If you want a cardiologist rec let me know. I can give you a couple names of docs I would see.

Hope everything works out

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    You should take it easy for a week to let the arterial access site heal. Not because the stent could move. It's true that it takes a while for the stent to endothelialize. That's why it's important to take the meds the Doc prescribes. A properly sized stent won't move from normal activity. If you don't walk it would be a good idea to get a routine going. Or swimming. Something to stimulate the circulation in your legs. For reasons we don't know the stents in the legs do not have the same success rate as coronary stents. Did you get it done in Round Rock? If you want a cardiologist rec let me know. I can give you a couple names of docs I would see.

Hope everything works out
    Got it done at Austin heart, part of St David’s RR.

I have always been active, but not much for regular exercise. Looks like I’m going to have to correct that and start a morning walking routine. My dogs would love to join me on that.

Using Dr McKay, as he treats my entire family here, very happy with him.

Definitely following doctors advice and doctors prescriptions I want to be around for a long long time to annoy both my wife and you guys.

:laughing:

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I have always eaten whatever I wanted with impunity, which has lead to some bad habits over the years lol.

Fortunately, I do not have blood sugar issues so that opens up a lot of foods that I can substitute.

The wife and I have started substituting oranges, apples, bananas or grapes for a tv snack, instead of the bowl of salty chips or pretzels.

Cutting out and cutting down on superfluous cheese in recipes. I was always one to say “a lot more cheese is better than what the recipe calls for”.

We are also trying to add a healthy salad to each meal and reduce the size of the red meat portions.

A lot less processed lunch meats

Better and healthier choices for bread
    Those are good options for sure. There are so many tasty veggies and fruits I never knew about. Cheese can be an artery clogger but I won't give up a cube or two with red wine. We've discovered very healthy whole grain breads, not the whole wheat stuff (mostly junk). On your new journey you'll read about "moderation". Well, I learned fast that moderation for thee is too much for me. Have fun, relax, explore and don't beat yourself up for eating a cheeseburger every once in awhile. Inflammation is an absolute cause of so many issues we have, heart disease, arthritis, etc. If it settles in an artery your body sees it as an invader and will attack it with plaque, like a scab. Well that only generates more inflammation then more plaque and eventually clogged artery. Next time you have annual blood tests ask the doc to also include a CRP test that measures amount of inflammation in your body. I flunked mine but wife passed with flying colors. Wrong food choices contribute to inflammation.

Top Bottom