• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I remember my mom complaining because it was 27 cents a gallon.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Remember replacing points and plugs every few weeks? Glad that's a thing of the past....
    Yeah, but now there's no way to fix your own car since it's all computerized.
    I only replaced plugs about once a year and didn't mind it at all, and only a handful of times ever had to replace points or distributor caps.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Sure do. My dad had a machine in his shop that cleaned the plugs, so I used it to get an extra year or so outta the plugs before I replaced them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw an uncle sanding this spark plugs with fine sandpaper. I did that for years.

Last edited:

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    In '84 all I bought (and still my go-to's) are cci's. Price was about 2 cents per. When it became an online thing, delivered price was about 2.5 cents per. No grandkids or any of my 6 are married (4 still in school, twins 8th grade, 1 junior, 1 senior).

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Sadly most of my current stock probably has an average price of 5 cents each. I splurged on some magnum match rifle primers a few years ago and traded for some recently for more than I'd prefer to spend but I may have enough rifle primers to keep me going for a couple decades. Also bought 10k CCI sp and CCI spms. Dropped 6 cents each on those. But I'm happy to have what I do, rather have than have not.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    But remember in the 70s when the oil embargo happened and prices shot up.
    A lot of gas stations had to sell gas by the liter since the price wouldn't go over 99.9 cents per unit of measure.
    I remember the odd/even number who could buy gas and me getting up early to get in line. However, once gas got to $1.00 a gallon, there was suddenly plenty of gas. All those cargo ships sitting out in the ocean full of oil began delivering once again. I knew then we were being played....

Top Bottom