• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    That's some word. I had to look it up;
    Hoplophobia, (pronounced [ˌhɔpləˈfoʊbiə]), from the Greek hoplon, or weapon, is defined as the "fear of firearms" or alternatively, a fear of weapons in general, and describes a specific phobia

Not that any readers/contributors to this and other gun forums have that problem. But you might know someone who would benefit by this interview by Bearing Arms writer with Judi Franco. She is one of the hosts of the popular Dennis and Judi Show on New Jersey on 101.5, and she was kind enough to have a chat with author about her motivations, the process, and what might be coming next for her in the realm of the Second Amendment.

It’s hard to picture the quick witted, sharp-as-a-tack radio personality having any fears at all. Her persona over the airwaves is larger than life. However, there are real fears in society that we all have to deal with. The direction that things have been going in did act as a large motivator for Franco to finally say it’s time to get a firearm.

I think it was something actually, that built up over time. Something in me that’s a little bit of a rebel, always resented that, you know, New Jersey wanted to keep me from having a gun and being able to protect myself, which made me on the basis of my personality want to have one even more. And then it was in the back of my mind. Unfortunately, with the rise in anti-Semitic incidents, over the past two or three years, I realized that it was not just something that I wanted to do to be a rebel, but it was something that I really did feel a deep longing for. Because I had a deep longing to protect myself and my kids and my grandkids. So, if I had to say a defining moment, it was anti-Semitism being on the rise.

Good that she decided for herself to become a lawful and responsible gun owner. I wonder if she will use her public voice to advocate for 2A and being able to carry anywhere and anytime in the Garden State.
    Target Sports

Attachments

• ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (1).jpg
      ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (1).jpg
      117.1 KB · Views: 45

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That's some word. I had to look it up;
    Hoplophobia, (pronounced [ˌhɔpləˈfoʊbiə]), from the Greek hoplon, or weapon, is defined as the "fear of firearms" or alternatively, a fear of weapons in general, and describes a specific phobia

Not that any readers/contributors to this and other gun forums have that problem. But you might know someone who would benefit by this interview by Bearing Arms writer with Judi Franco. She is one of the hosts of the popular Dennis and Judi Show on New Jersey on 101.5, and she was kind enough to have a chat with author about her motivations, the process, and what might be coming next for her in the realm of the Second Amendment.

It’s hard to picture the quick witted, sharp-as-a-tack radio personality having any fears at all. Her persona over the airwaves is larger than life. However, there are real fears in society that we all have to deal with. The direction that things have been going in did act as a large motivator for Franco to finally say it’s time to get a firearm.

Good that she decided for herself to become a lawful and responsible gun owner. I wonder if she will use her public voice to advocate for 2A and being able to carry anywhere and anytime in the Garden State.

sometimes fear can b rationalized and real i once dated a lady in houston that had a fear of guns becuase her brother was paralyzed from a stray bullet!

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Bearing Arms blog has some suggestions for new gun owner considering training. For example;

Does the instructor/school have a dedicated professional website?
    Find out what the parent organization says about the class and compare it to the instructor or training facility.
    Hit the search engine and see if there’s anything about the instructor or facility.
    And five other suggestions.

Attachments

• bbd44811-7185-4083-8457-413440b9be4f-860x475.jpg
      bbd44811-7185-4083-8457-413440b9be4f-860x475.jpg
      66.6 KB · Views: 24
    Top Bottom