• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Some vitamins that I thought I would try. Read good reviews.
    And I have had one heck of a time trying to find protein that wouldnt screw my stomach up. This one was suggested to me. A friend gave me some and it did good. So ill see how 2 pounds does. :)
    Ordered from the Vitamin Shoppe and they were really priced good.
    1=Vitamin Shoppe multivitamin. Especially for men 100 tabs
    2=Designer Whey Protein powder 1.9 lb Vanilla almond

I dont have a good track record for taking vitamins, so I grabbed these on my online order when I went looking for the protein.

Any of you guys have experience with these?
    Texas SOT

russ4560

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I use Designer Whey pretty regularly. I have not tasted Vanilla Almond though I have had French Vanilla and it was awesome blended into a smoothie. It is widely available, inexpensive, and very simple. Simple meaning it is just whey protein with a flavor added. Many other cheap whey products have unneeded sugars, fats, or other added things. Just a complete protein, with a little flavor to make sure it is not bland. As for the stomach thing, I have tried many different powders and sometimes the artificial sweetener can give me a reaction so that is one thing to take into account. Also make sure that your are mixing it with enough water or it will upset your stomach/give you gas/more bad stuff. I think the water thing is overlooked in the mix and shortly thereafter. As for vitamins, at first I had trouble with making it a habit. The best thing I did was put them in my bathroom or right next to my breakfast stuff so I remember to take them every morning. After some time, you will begin to notice the difference in the way you feel or perform in the gym and know when you did and did not take them.

Are you using these to supplement a workout program?

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I use Designer Whey pretty regularly. I have not tasted Vanilla Almond though I have had French Vanilla and it was awesome blended into a smoothie. It is widely available, inexpensive, and very simple. Simple meaning it is just whey protein with a flavor added. Many other cheap whey products have unneeded sugars, fats, or other added things. Just a complete protein, with a little flavor to make sure it is not bland. As for the stomach thing, I have tried many different powders and sometimes the artificial sweetener can give me a reaction so that is one thing to take into account. Also make sure that your are mixing it with enough water or it will upset your stomach/give you gas/more bad stuff. I think the water thing is overlooked in the mix and shortly thereafter. As for vitamins, at first I had trouble with making it a habit. The best thing I did was put them in my bathroom or right next to my breakfast stuff so I remember to take them every morning. After some time, you will begin to notice the difference in the way you feel or perform in the gym and know when you did and did not take them.

Are you using these to supplement a workout program?
    I have thought about the water thing you mentioned, if im taking it with enough water. I drink a lot of water. about 3-4 liters a day. Usually two of them are while at the gym. lol. I sweat easy, so I hydrate a lot. I go workout 3-4 times a week. I focus on the weightlifting more than anything. I know about the cardio, but I just havent made that addition to my workout routine just yet.

n brought me a LaRue Aimpoint mount. [/QUOTE]
    Lol

russ4560

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good, and make sure the powder is mixed with enough water as well. I would add some light cardio in between workouts or maybe in the mornings when you have time. If you work on your lung capacity and cardiovascular system your body can get more blood to your muscles. Meaning bigger lifts or better lifts.

Top Bottom