• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBDawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Mont Belvieu, TX
    Has anyone tried the Insanity work-out videos? I was tempted to buy them the other night as I sat up watching the tube (do you younger people even know what that is??), but decided to wait until I could get feedback on them.
    I'm not in the best shape as of now, and thought that they might be too extreme for me to start off a program with.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    They are intense workouts for sure, but they mostly target the lower body with a little sprinkling of upper body body weight exercises. Your legs are going to be sore for a long time while you're on the program, so be sure to get plenty of protein.

ProZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Arizona
    I just started week 5, I went through a moderate workout regiment prior to starting Insanity in order to make sure I could keep up (only made it two days the first time). I would suggest if you go my route that you do the other regiment I mention in the link that on your off days you go for a 1-2 mile jog to stay in good cardio health. The link also contains my personal results with pictures from day 1, day 15, and day 29 so far. It's an amazing program but here's some food for thought:
    I saw amazing results from day 1-3 even my family noticed a huge change in the short period of time, unfortunately the results of later day's workouts weren't as dramatic because I had grown accustomed to the workout, the key to this program is to always push yourself as hard as you can go, not to just barely keep up. You should be tired as hell at the end of each one (except during the recovery week) so you have to remember to keep pushing harder.
    Here's the link to my progress thread (with links to the free workout regiment I did prior to starting):
    Zach is going INSANE (starting Insanity workout) - Truck Mod Central

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Has anyone tried the Insanity work-out videos? I was tempted to buy them the other night as I sat up watching the tube (do you younger people even know what that is??), but decided to wait until I could get feedback on them.
    I'm not in the best shape as of now, and thought that they might be too extreme for me to start off a program with.

I've got both Insanity and P90X. I like Insanity better for the fact that it doesn't require any special equipment like weights, resistance bands, or a pullup bar. Shaun T kicks my ass with that work out, too. I've started incorporating Insanity elements into PT sessions that I run with my unit. Lots of great stuff in Insanity, but you do need to be in pretty decent shape to start out in my opinion.

.357Sig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Arlington, DFW, Texas

im a week in it and it is a very intense work out, havent lost a pound..... maybe its because i dont do the diet part lol!

Top Bottom