• ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Glad you got in touch with reality.

I never said draining the SPR was a good thing. It was STUPID. But it was done by Biden to lower prices.
    Like I said though, it didn’t lower costs. It just changed the accounting. It’s really no different than going to the gas station and buying gas with cash in your right pocket, but thinking that if you pay for some of the cost with the credit card in your left pocket, you are somehow saving money. Eventually, that bill comes due. DOE is repurchasing oil for about the same price as it cost when the decision was made to use the SPR. It’s no different than any time the government does anything else that they market as free. Whether it’s healthcare, student loan forgiveness, etc. you’re still goijg to get the bill in one form or another. So although it may create the perception of lowered prices because what you see at the pump is less, the cost is still there. If they wanted to really save some money, they’d have loaded up in 2020 like Trump wanted to when oil was basically free.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    I really don't understand why we would export oil if we are also importing oil. Hoping someone here can make sense of that.
    Our refineries are mostly set up to process heavy sour crude, which gives us the products we need for our market. The oil from fracking in the Permian is mostly sweet light, which we don't need so much of, thus we export it. Venezuela produces heavy sour and we bought that, but their production has plummeted. Canadian tar sands were going to make up for the shortage, which is why they were building the Keystone pipeline. We also get some from Mexico, but they've said they won't be selling us as much in the future. Transportation costs are lower from closer areas, of course.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    And now it's reported that Israel just bombed an IRGC ammo depot south of Bagdad. Live stream here.

It's on CNN too (report of the explosion, not vid)

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Like I said though, it didn’t lower costs. It just changed the accounting. It’s really no different than going to the gas station and buying gas with cash in your right pocket, but thinking that if you pay for some of the cost with the credit card in your left pocket, you are somehow saving money. Eventually, that bill comes due. DOE is repurchasing oil for about the same price as it cost when the decision was made to use the SPR. It’s no different than any time the government does anything else that they market as free. Whether it’s healthcare, student loan forgiveness, etc. you’re still goijg to get the bill in one form or another. So although it may create the perception of lowered prices because what you see at the pump is less, the cost is still there. If they wanted to really save some money, they’d have loaded up in 2020 like Trump wanted to when oil was basically free.
    You are really confusing things and reaching incorrect conclusions by changing the topic.

"Eventually that bill comes due." Of course. Anyone with a brain knows that. But Biden kicks that can down the road. It has not come due yet. Biden's timeframe right now does not go past November.

The fact is that in the present, putting more oil onto the market did depress prices/price increases. Again, basic Econ 101. Now, will it cost taxpayers when (if) it is eventually replaced at higher prices? Surely. But that day has not arrived.

Just another selfish act by a politician who cares less about taxpayers.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Oops. Sorry guys. I thought the topic was Iran v Israel. I'll just keep to the other thread. :)
    1713626185048.gif

Welcome to TGT.

Now, returning to our regularly scheduled programming.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    You are really confusing things and reaching incorrect conclusions by changing the topic.

"Eventually that bill comes due." Of course. Anyone with a brain knows that. But Biden kicks that can down the road. It has not come due yet. Biden's timeframe right now does not go past November.

The fact is that in the present, putting more oil onto the market did depress prices/price increases. Again, basic Econ 101. Now, will it cost taxpayers when (if) it is eventually replaced at higher prices? Surely. But that day has not arrived.

Just another selfish act by a politician who cares less about taxpayers.
    We released somethjng like 260 million barrels over the course of a year. The top 10 oil consuming countries go through 100 million barrels per day, not to mention the rest of the world’s consumption. The SPR release did not result in a noticable change in oil price(and you would know this if you looked at oil price history), and any very minor effect that it did have would be inversely proportional to the very minor increases that would occur during replenishment. Like I said, it’s just an accounting change and a lot of people see through it.

The bottom line is, gas prices have been higher since Biden was installed than before and that is in a large part due to actions taken by the administration. They do not care about lowering gas/oil prices, they are just pro Iran.

voland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2023
    Plano/Frisco
    "Perhaps the strangest thing I have ever heard is that if a nation attacks another nation with over 300 missiles coordinated from three different fronts with capacity and intent to kill thousands upon thousands of people, but it doesn’t succeed, then it doesn’t count." - David Bahnsen, CIO & MP, Bahnsen Group

Yeah, I'm still disapowith Israel's response...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Its a basic principle of econ, but surely you know better than those with training, education and experience...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    it’s so basic that you don’t understand it nearly as well as you think even though I already explained exactly why what you think is true is not true. You’re arguing just to argue and we’re pretty far from my original point that Obidens actions in Iran are based on him favoring Iran, not gas prices.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

We, and Putin, plus China, are all getting to see modern U S Military hardware vs) Russian equipment, and it doesn’t look too good for the Russians & Iranians,

Hope the ChiComms can take the hint.

<>

cav2108541

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX
    Top Bottom