• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    What am I missing here? I started out to make hard boiled but failed. I recently heard the term & figured why not.All I can say is Renfield has 4 jammy eggs in his future.
    DK Firearms

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    I haven't done this yet, but I saw it on the face place. If you're making eggs to go in something, like tuna or egg salad, break them into a glass bowl, then put the bowl in boiling water. It will hard boil them without the shell. When done, just chop them up and put them in the stuff.

Last edited:

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    How do you keep from winding up with a microwave full of egg grenades?
    A longtime bud gave me the idea a few years ago to microwave a few eggs that were broken and placed in a coffee/soup mug. I didn't break the yolks. I didn't press for details but should have. I placed the two eggs in a good size coffee mug, felt conservative for these first two so set it on medium for 5 minutes, maybe less as I remember. I left them alone then heard an explosion. The wife on her laptop close to it yelled at me and the dog barked. What a mess inside the microwave. I learned to puncture the yolk before nuking. It has become a very tasty snack since then, less time cooking and add some water and cook at medium. BTW, two eggs can make a tremendous explosion when you're not expecting it...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    A longtime bud gave me the idea a few years ago to microwave a few eggs that were broken and placed in a coffee/soup mug. I didn't break the yolks. I didn't press for details but should have. I placed the two eggs in a good size coffee mug, felt conservative for these first two so set it on medium for 5 minutes, maybe less as I remember. I left them alone then heard an explosion. The wife on her laptop close to it yelled at me and the dog barked. What a mess inside the microwave. I learned to puncture the yolk before nuking. It has become a very tasty snack since then, less time cooking and add some water and cook at medium. BTW, two eggs can make a tremendous explosion when you're not expecting it...

I typically make a ham/egg/cheese bagel sandwich as an easy breakfast, and I scramble the eggs in the microwave for convenience. One day last week, I didn't quite scramble the eggs thoroughly enough and I suppose there was a clump of yolk in it. Just as it was getting finished, in the last 10 seconds as I was reaching for the door to the microwave, I heard a POP! and watched as my little puck of scrambled eggs flipped out of the bowl and onto the less-than pristine microwave turntable.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I typically make a ham/egg/cheese bagel sandwich as an easy breakfast, and I scramble the eggs in the microwave for convenience. One day last week, I didn't quite scramble the eggs thoroughly enough and I suppose there was a clump of yolk in it. Just as it was getting finished, in the last 10 seconds as I was reaching for the door to the microwave, I heard a POP! and watched as my little puck of scrambled eggs flipped out of the bowl and onto the less-than pristine microwave turntable.
    So not a squib?

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Boiled some eggs for tomorrow morning. There is nothing complicated about eggs.

Taking them along with some venison jerky to the woods tomorrow... scouting for some turkey.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I boil about a dozen+ eggs a week. Hard boiled for snacks, and the “jammy” for the occasional breakfast eggs.

In the same pot at the same time - just take then out at different times - then immediately immerse batch in a bowl of ice and water for 5 minutes for easier peeling.

Bring pot of water to roiling boil (enough to cover eggs a couple inches). Add all eggs gently, using a large spoon.

With the pot still boiling, take out “jammy” eggs with tongs at 7 1/2 minutes; hard boiled at 12.

(both batches immediately go into the ice bath)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You are leaving out some details, please share
    Scramble 6 eggs (only 2 yolk) in a microwave safe bowl.
    Cover with paper towel, and microwave for 2 minutes 40 seconds. Time varies depending on plastic or glass bowl.
    Add cheese and picante sauce.
    Also, 2 Turkey sausage patties.

Been my breakfast every day for about the last 8 years, as I am prediabetic.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Scramble 6 eggs (only 2 yolk) in a microwave safe bowl.
    Cover with paper towel, and microwave for 2 minutes 40 seconds. Time varies depending on plastic or glass bowl.
    Add cheese and picante sauce.
    Also, 2 Turkey sausage patties.

Been my breakfast every day for about the last 8 years, as I am prediabetic.
    Me too, your method, 2 eggs, for a minute 30, butter s&p; rye toast w/cloudberry jam, German coffee. :)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Breakfast this am....

20240318_090511.jpg

Top Bottom