• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It is hard to know what is real and what is BS without links... It is just plain lazy not to put a link to a story you just read...
    I wouldn't go as far as saying bits lazy. Some sources of links are places some refuse to venture. MSN is one of those for me. Other links might require singing up or in.

I kind of thought the whole purpose was that there was not linkage

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I kind of thought the whole purpose was that there was not linkage
    My purpose originally was to have a way to quickly get the word out. The first two I added I saw on the FOX news ticker (chyron?), so I did not yet have a link. The one I added today, I made the headline the link.
    So maybe my new thought is: use to get the word out quickly, even if you don't have details yet.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    It then becomes nothing more than a gossip thread, to which, personally, I don't plan on any future participation... Y'all have fun...
    Different take on it here; added it to my watched threads.

I'm not chuffed about there being no links; many of the normally included links are too lame or highly partisan sites... and if I read just a "headline" here - I'm not too lazy to research it myself if I want to know more, or even confirm what's presented.

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    My purpose originally was to have a way to quickly get the word out. The first two I added I saw on the FOX news ticker (chyron?), so I did not yet have a link. The one I added today, I made the headline the link.
    So maybe my new thought is: use to get the word out quickly, even if you don't have details yet.
    I appreciate the quick heads-up on things.. and don't mind doing the work to follow-up if warranted.

Maybe a honcho can change the thread title to: "Live Headlines - No Links" so people aren't disappointed. :)

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I appreciate the quick heads-up on things.. and don't mind doing the work to follow-up if warranted.

Maybe a honcho can change the thread title to: "Live Headlines - No Links" so people aren't disappointed. :)
    I'd be up for "Links Optional", as I would provide one if I already had it. When I saw the Galveston bridge news, I thought "we have members that ought to know about this", so I added it. I had no link, but it would have been simple for anyone affected to search and find the story.

Also, I don't care if readers think "this might be BS", because that is ALWAYS the case, link or no. Do your own diligence!

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I'd be up for "Links Optional", as I would provide one if I already had it. When I saw the Galveston bridge news, I thought "we have members that ought to know about this", so I added it. I had no link, but it would have been simple for anyone affected to search and find the story.

Also, I don't care if readers think "this might be BS", because that is ALWAYS the case, link or no. Do your own diligence!
    Exactly.

Top Bottom