• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toby1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2018
    Llano, Tx
    The new Llano gun range opened Saturday Feb 10th even though we got 1.25" of rain during the day. We are basically located in the same area at the Llano citizen collection station and recycle center, ( Llano dump),1933 HWY 16 north, just north of Llano. The difference is that you will take a left at the fork in the road just before the dump attendant's shack. Look for the orange sign.
    The new range is expanded with a concrete floored bays and covered with a tin roof. The pistol side has nice tables and is 7 yards, 15 yards, 25 yards & 50 yards if you're good enough. The rifle side has 9 benches and will be 25, 50, 100, 150 yards. We will have steel targets set up on Saturdays for pistol and at the 50 & 100 for rifle. Shotgun is limited to slug only, (no buckshot or birdshot allowed) either shot into a dedicated berm or a cardboard box you bring for a target. Shotgun will not be shot at our backboards. We do not do the tactical Timmy stuff, we are not set up for it. We still have to add rifle racks and a couple of other details, but we are working on it.
    Tannerite, tracers, bird & buckshot, .50BMG, or rifle caliber full auto are not allowed. Pistol caliber full auto may or may not be allowed, speak with a range officer first. Glass targets are not allowed. If you are caught purposely shooting the wooden 2x4, 4x4 framework you will be thrown out. Note: if you want to, you can bring stuff like apples, oranges, cantaloupes, watermelons for the kids to shot. They get instant gratification when they blow up a cantaloup and the deer get a meal that night.
    Range hours are 8:00am - 3:15pm, Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday - Saturday. We are closed Wednesday, Sunday, and any city, state and federal holidays that the dump is closed.
    Dues are $75.00 a year, Jan 1 - Jan1, that includes you & your spouse, and school age kids that live with you. First responders - police, ems, fire fighters join for free. Current military joins for free. Disabled veterans join for free. School age kids (High school and younger) shoot for free. Non-members can shoot all day for $20.00. Any questions? Post here or e-mail rbwm48@sbcglobal.net
    I just wanted to add that we owe a big thank you to the city of Llano.
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• sign1.jpg
      sign1.jpg
      196.4 KB · Views: 44
    • rules.jpg
      rules.jpg
      156.4 KB · Views: 45
    • wetrange.jpg
      wetrange.jpg
      166.8 KB · Views: 47
    • wetrange2.jpg
      wetrange2.jpg
      164.5 KB · Views: 44
    Last edited:

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Happy to hear there's a new range in Texas. Great!
    A few questions:
    1. Is an RSO always present?
    2. Do you allow instruction?
    3. Would you allow a certified instructor/RSA to shoot free if he brings paying customers/students?
    4. Do you allow draw from a holster under instructor/RSO supervision?

toby1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2018
    Llano, Tx
    Happy to hear there's a new range in Texas. Great!
    A few questions:
    1. Is an RSO always present?
    2. Do you allow instruction?
    3. Would you allow a certified instructor/RSA to shoot free if he brings paying customers/students?
    4. Do you allow draw from a holster under instructor/RSO supervision?

1. No, usually we have a couple range officers present all day Saturday. The rest of the week is catch as catch can, I'm usually there in the weekday afternoons until closing. We may or may not have a RO in the weekday mornings. Hence our shoot at your own risk sign. If a range officer is not present, we ask that the shooters work together on calling and observing cease fires. This has worked for us for 22 years.
    2. Yes, as in instructing a new shooter in proper form and familiarity with their firearm. As long as you don't interfere with other shooters, other than needing ceasefires. No run & gun
    3. No, The instructor could become a member - $75.00 @year Jan - Jan or $20.00 per day as a day shooter. Same for the student.
    4. Anyone can draw from a holster. We will watch you like a hawk to be sure nothing is unsafe until & if we see the shooter has their act together. No quick draw McGraw stuff. Awhile back we had a guy who thought he was the second coming of Jerry Miculek with a race gun and skeleton holster. We put a stop to that very quickly before he shot himself in the leg. He's not been back. I personally have a problem with shoulder holsters and flagging other shooters.
    If I sound harsh, it's because if someone gets shot, the city has pretty much told us the range is history. Thanks for asking though.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I've never been able to stop there to eat but driven by it many times.

Don't bother eating at the Coopers Bbq in Junction. I don't think they are related but the bbq is terrible.
    I think in Austin they have a related restaurant, but it’s not as good.

Same for me with the Hard 8 by Stephenville vs south of Fort Worth. The Stephenville I like better.

toby1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2018
    Llano, Tx
    It may be sacrilege, but I prefer to eat BBQ at Opie's in Spicewood. There is also a Coopers in Mason. It is nothing like the Coopers in Llano.

toby1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2018
    Llano, Tx
    Well, the city moved their mulch and we are back to our regular schedule.

Attachments

• range 2241.jpg
      range 2241.jpg
      296 KB · Views: 17
    • range2242.jpg
      range2242.jpg
      151.9 KB · Views: 16
    • range2244.jpg
      range2244.jpg
      172.1 KB · Views: 17
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant