Guns International

Per TX and SA Law, the optimal way to deal with door to door solicitors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Back when I worked a job that required me to get into gated communities without anyone's permission (most of the time, apartment complexes) I kept a chain in a burlap sack in my trunk. There was a rope that tied the bag closed. I'd throw it over the exit gate, drag the chain over the induction loop that opens the gate for exiting cars, and as soon as the gate started to move, I'd throw the rope over the gate, jump in my car, and drive in through the exit gate. It didn't always work but it usually did.

tl:dr - Tailgating residents isn't the only way for a non-resident to enter your community.
    I don't expect to prevent solicitors from coming in and I don't expect the cops to come guns blazing. I do expect to convince them to leave and dissuade them from returning...one at a time...with help from my neighbors.
    Texas SOT

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Considering that two of my high school friends were raped by a door to door salesman, ..
    I once knocked on a door and it was immediately, fully opened by a gorgeous 15 year old girl in a bikini. She was the daughter of the man I was seeking and instantly volunteered all sorts of information like her age, the fact that she was alone, etc. She even invited me in if I needed to talk.

I got some basic info in about a minute, gave her my card and left.

After her father and I settled our business weeks later, the subject of that initial contact came up and, against policy, I told him that I thought he might want to caution her to be a bit more reticent about flinging the door open as soon as she heard a knock.

He kinda hung his head and said he had tried and tried but she was by nature so trusting and oblivious he was truly fearful for her future.

I hope that kid turned out all right but I fear her first encounter with true evil was probably devastating. Selfishly, I'm glad I don't know.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I once knocked on a door and it was immediately, fully opened by a gorgeous 15 year old girl in a bikini. She was the daughter of the man I was seeking and instantly volunteered all sorts of information like her age, the fact that she was alone, etc. She even invited me in if I needed to talk.

I got some basic info in about a minute, gave her my card and left.

After her father and I settled our business weeks later, the subject of that initial contact came up and, against policy, I told him that I thought he might want to caution her to be a bit more reticent about flinging the door open as soon as she heard a knock.

He kinda hung his head and said he had tried and tried but she was by nature so trusting and oblivious he was truly fearful for her future.

I hope that kid turned out all right but I fear her first encounter with true evil was probably devastating. Selfishly, I'm glad I don't know.

Neither of my friends was like that (at least with strangers - they were both flirts, but with friends). Neither gave me details, but both did say he forced his way in and forced himself on them. I don't know if it was the same guy, but it was around the same time.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Answer the door with a holstered pistol and politely tell to leave OR ELSE.

carnieken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Around 1994 some friends and I were returning from a restaurant (the Old Spaghetti Warehouse down on 5th Street in Austin, probably) when we spotted the Jehovas Witnesses canvassing the apartment complex and realized my friends' apartment hadn't been visited yet. The five of us quickly sprinted up to Nathan and Wendy's apartment and went inside to wait for the knock. When it came, Nathan answered the door shirtless, with his long hair draped over his chest which Wendy had painted a pentagram on with lipstick, holding their rather bored cat by the scruff of the neck in his left hand and a double-edged dagger in the other while the rest of us sat in a circle in the candle-lit living room behind him.

"Um...hi?" one of the JW's stammered.

"Hey," Nathan replied casually. "Look, if you can make it quick, we're kind of in the middle of a religious ceremony here..."

Yeah, they didn't even leave a copy of the "Watchtower" behind, they left so quick.
    A friend of mine did something similar, except he told them he had a goat on the altar..

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    My dogs are usually enough to scare people off lol. I have 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Very loud and rather terrifying bark lol. There they are they just finished exercising.
    IMG_5631.jpeg

Top Bottom